The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

It's also tied to table turnaround times. (Nice alliteration there.)
Consider a party of four - two order apps, two order desserts ... you've now added a whole other course to be served, a minimum of 20 minutes, and yet no more $$ to the final bill.
And yeah, dessert is cheaper.

Yep, that's another thing the partner was talkin' about (which I've heard many times over the years) when it comes to European dining. The service up front was great, but, tryin' to hunt them down to get your tab, and then hunt them down again to pay it, was time consuming.
Here, it's all about scarfin' it down and turnin' tables. :greedy: There, way more than here, it seems, it's all about relaxing and enjoying the dining experience.
Much of the time, it seems we're all in too much of a hurry in the States...go, go, GO!!! :bored:

Cesar R M

Yea, like I said, he's the guy that had the wooden false eye in the Pirates Movies. All the rest, though temporarily interesting will not be staying in my memory banks, but, hey, I'm nothing if not gracious. Thanks for all that info! :rolleyes:

Maybe he could borrow my eye patch!
I'm bad at names, but as soon you mentioned the guy with the wooden false eye.. I instantly recognized him!

Cesar R M

:eek: Your comment has wounded me.:(;)

I'm a huge, huge, huge Slade fan. I have well over 70 of their songs on my iTunes. They created so much great music. And their 70's glam rock fashion style was so weirdly awesome.
View attachment 88246

Their song "Merry Xmas Everybody" is still the most popular Christmas song in the UK (and it's my personal favorite).

Slade even had their own movie called Slade in Flame
View attachment 88247

Some of their songs were successfully covered by American bands (you know like the krappy Quite Riot ones). Slade was very adaptable and had a comeback in the 80's with their only songs to chart in the US.

Just incase anyone is interested here is a BBC documentary about Slade.

I'm very sincere when I say think Slade is by far the greatest band ever! :cool:
View attachment 88251

I suppose that type of music is not of my taste I'm afraid.

Cesar R M

Two interesting points here: first, I find it frustrating that they used to give you both appetizer and dessert, and tip! :jawdrop: too, but now just dessert and no tip. Second, my guess is that it may cost them more to make the appetizers, versus desserts made of mostly flour and sugar. That's just a guess, but I'll bet you that's why you can't choose the appetizer over the dessert now.
You guys sure?
I remembering ordering another appetizer in place of a dessert in 2013.
I didn't try in this year because I had no plan purchased.

Cesar R M

Just walked in carrying a carpload of pizzas, and two of the idjits left their shoes/work boots in front of the door.
Sadly, I didn't see them, and ended up wrenching my back!
Let the moaning and groaning begin. Not for you guys though, just the two offenders.
refuse to give them pizza until these clowns give you a back massage! its their fault after all!

who the hell leaves shoes work boots infront of the door???

Cesar R M

Oh, I know that feeling. I sometimes drink iced green tea...and then...I should just wear Depends :eek:
Depends.. iced tea...

k4zDfiD.jpg

explosive reaction?

Cesar R M

I did have breadsticks. No pictures though.
I like breadsticks, too, but I love delicious, hot garlic bread with Italian entrees. :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

breadsticks are a big weakness of mine..
I go to Pizza huts just for the breadsticks with cheese alone..
And I chunk the Olive Garden's breadsticks in a way that makes the cookie monster a nobody.

Bad that bread makes you fat :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom