Frequent changing of flights booked with disney...

Bodyfather

Original Poster
...just wondering if anyone has any previous experience with this and if it's normal.

Flying from Manchester(UK) to Chicago and onto Orlando, initially had the booking made to arrive at 6pm Florida time, the connection has been pushed back twice so we're now arriving at half 10 in the evening. It's thrown my plans in the air a bit as I had already contacted Magical Express to tell them when I'm likely to arrive. Is this normal for Disney to change the flights so often? Given I'm travelling in 69 days, am I safe to assume they won't be changing any closer to the flight date?

skishlee

I'm heading to the US in a little under three weeks and will be flying a heap - every single flight that I have booked has changed. American Airlines seem to be the worst for it. One of my flights have changed about 7 times since I booked it. I've even had one cancelled without notification so I now check them every few weeks.

Weather_Lady

Even domestic flights get changed all the time by the airlines. Come to think of it, out of the last four trips I've taken, every one has included at least one leg that got rescheduled by the airline.

A 6-hour layover is huge, however. I would do a little checking to see if they can shift you to a more convenient schedule. If not, then I suppose you can rest assured that your layover is sufficient to compensate for any delays in your initial flight, and start researching comfortable spots to hang out in the airport. (If you haven't been offered a free lounge pass for your trouble by American Airlines, you might suggest to an airline rep. that considering the super-long layover they've now created for you, it would certainly be a nice gesture...) ;)

http://www.layoverguide.com/2014/12/stuck-in-ohare-with-hours-to-spare.html

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
A lot of these changes on American Airlines due to the merger with US Airways. I think they are trying to reduce duplication in the schedules in prep for the overall merger.

Mouse_Trap

Had this happen many times flying from the Heathrow to the US.

However, I've never had a alteration which changed to a different connecting flight i.e. the changes have been quite minor; either the first flight arriving earlier/later or the connecting flight departing earlier/later, decreasing or increasing the layover time, but never as much as you've had here, or making it such a long wait for the flight or so short that its pushed you to the next flight.

Definitely give them a call to see if there are any better options, maybe check out the flight schedules beforehand so that you are prepared.

dreamfinder

It's thrown my plans in the air a bit as I had already contacted Magical Express to tell them when I'm likely to arrive.

I wouldn't worry about messing up Magical Express. They are very used to people changing flights and arrival times all the time. Just make sure they have the proper flight information 72-48 hours before you arrive and everything should be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom