A Spirited Perfect Ten

mahnamahna101

The only confirmed attraction is Kong.
Universal isn't going to just stop after Kong. Reports proclaim Comcast wants to fast-track some major additions for Orlando that were on the back-burner. As in 2016/2017.

2012: Despicable Me, Superstar Parade, Cinematic Spectacular, Spidey upgrade
2013: Transformers, Springfield
2014: CityWalk 2.0, Cabana Bay, Diagon Alley
2015: 25th anniversary celebration
2016: Kong, Sapphire Falls, Jurassic Park revamp (rumored), Star Trek (rumored)
2017: Wondersea Island, new Marvel attraction (rumored), Furious (rumored)

Probably because Universal doesn't announce attractions they build 3-4 years out like Disney does these days. ;) if there's anything you need to know about Universal, they build, then give a matter-of-fact "hey we just finished building this great new E-ticket you should come" announcement a few months before opening.

From what the insiders are saying, Star Trek is being fast-tracked as an addition for late 2016. Fast and Furious is likely to follow. Rumblings have also occured for MSHI and JP over the last few weeks.

Unlike WDW, the insiders seem optimistic about USO's future. They wouldn't be so happy if Kong was the only thing coming over the next 3-5 yrs. Universal can't afford to wait that long to fix the rest of the resort.

mahnamahna101

True, but I've always felt that to be sorely underused/underappreciated. I mean, I've always thought it was a nifty experience to get up close with a rather convincing dinosaur. It definitely feels more like that Jurassic Park-y wonder then not-Tom Sawyer Island.

If they decided to repurpose Triceratops/Camp Jurassic into Gyroballs, would be great if they repurposed some of that Triceratops experience stuff for a version of that Gentle Giants Petting Zoo in Jurassic World
Discovery Center is a huge waste of space currently. A two-story Omnimover lab tour could easily fit in there, especially if you use a silver of the Trikes plot.

Triceratops is big enough for a SDMT-esque coaster. I'd love to see Amber Mines and aquatic dinos! Plus, AA dinos and M&Gs throughout the island.

Plus, some have mentioned JPRA could be removed for a JP/JW expansion. I'd love trackless Gyrospheres, a Raptor Encounter show in the vein of Alien Encounter, and Helicoptours where JPRA is right now. A solid immersive water coaster replacement for Dudley and Popeye are enough for extreme water rides. If anything, the park could use something like Jungle Cruise, POTC or Small World.

Add an observatory tower to Camp Jurassic, and extend Pteranodon Flyers to encompass all of Lost World (Kong + JP) as well as swap the track for a suspended LED screen-based cable car one... JP would be perfect.

Of course, that's extreme armchair Imagineering right there :D

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In other news - and If true JL needs to turn in his creative card to the master of arms on the way out.

Toy Story 4 to Be a Romantic Comedy

Toy Story 4” will not take up where the third movie left off, so it won’t look like a traditional sequel, and it will be a romantic comedy, says Pixar President Jim Morris.

“The third movie was over in a beautiful way and completed a trilogy. I think this movie is not part of [that] trilogy," Morris told Disney Latino. "We are putting together a very nice story. It is not a continuation of the end of the story of 'Toy Story 3.' Temporarily it is, but it will be a love story. It will be a romantic comedy. It will not make much focus on the interaction between the characters and children. I think it will be a very good movie."

The movie, which won’t be out for two years, was announced last year and at the time, director John Lasseter said also said he was happy about what would be a new direction for "Toy Story."

"'Toy Story 3' ended Woody and Buzz's story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another 'Toy Story' movie," Lasseter said in a statement. "But when Andrew [Stanton], Pete [Docter], Lee [Unkrich] and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie — and I wanted to direct it myself."

My comment --- :hungover::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::hungover: How to shamelessly prostitute an IP so you can sell something else.

Mike S

In other news - and If true JL needs to turn in his creative card to the master of arms on the way out.

Toy Story 4 to Be a Romantic Comedy

Toy Story 4” will not take up where the third movie left off, so it won’t look like a traditional sequel, and it will be a romantic comedy, says Pixar President Jim Morris.

“The third movie was over in a beautiful way and completed a trilogy. I think this movie is not part of [that] trilogy," Morris told Disney Latino. "We are putting together a very nice story. It is not a continuation of the end of the story of 'Toy Story 3.' Temporarily it is, but it will be a love story. It will be a romantic comedy. It will not make much focus on the interaction between the characters and children. I think it will be a very good movie."

The movie, which won’t be out for two years, was announced last year and at the time, director John Lasseter said also said he was happy about what would be a new direction for "Toy Story."

"'Toy Story 3' ended Woody and Buzz's story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another 'Toy Story' movie," Lasseter said in a statement. "But when Andrew [Stanton], Pete [Docter], Lee [Unkrich] and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie — and I wanted to direct it myself."

My comment --- :hungover::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::hungover: How to shamelessly prostitute an IP so you can sell something else.
mdn.gif

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I'd have to agree - The same day Disney Jobs announces 'Jobs with a MultiBillion dollar industry' which is more appropriate for a finance company, They repurpose the Toy Story IP so they can sell a 'Romantic Comedy', Fine if JL wants to make a chick flick fine have a ball, But don't break the continuity of Toy Story just so you can sell it to the bean counters who never saw Toy Story in the first place.

FigmentJedi

Discovery Center is a huge waste of space currently. A two-story Omnimover lab tour could easily fit in there, especially if you use a silver of the Trikes plot.
A ride that's a drive-thru tour of a science lab? Don't you know we've had something at Epcot that's proven that to be a bad idea for about 15 years now? Plus you know, there's a reason you had the characters in the movie breaking out of the ride vehicles to take a closer look...

The Discovery Center could definitely use an overhaul in terms of exhibits though. Maybe take some inspiration from the early parts of this JP Institute touring exhibit they did in Japan after JP3.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You guys do realize the ad is for ESPN careers, right? The multi-billion dollar industry they reference is sports media...

You can tell who actually clicked through to the link.

And that makes it better how - Last time I checked journalism was a about passion for the truth and/or the subject matter like sports or theater.

Considering it was listed under 'Disney Jobs' I think it qualifies was not listed under 'ESPN Jobs' and If you look at the picture you will notice it has 'Sports Center' logos on the wall.

Yet the ad read like a recruiting poster to join a brokerage house, That ad was a Freudian slip in which Disney's TRUE #1 priority was laid out for all to see, That being MONEY.

Tigger1988

And that makes it better how - Last time I checked journalism was a about passion for the truth and/or the subject matter like sports or theater.

Considering it was listed under 'Disney Jobs' I think it qualifies was not listed under 'ESPN Jobs' and If you look at the picture you will notice it has 'Sports Center' logos on the wall.

Yet the ad read like a recruiting poster to join a brokerage house, That ad was a Freudian slip in which Disney's TRUE #1 priority was laid out for all to see, That being MONEY.
The point is you and some other posters are somehow trying to tie that tweet to 1.Disney parks. 2. Disney's "philosophy" and other reaching comparisons.

Your insanity grows with each passing week. You truly think that tweet was a "slip"? That it somehow went out by mistake and Disney/ESPN's hidden agenda is now revealed? First all the crazy Oscars talk, now this...Holy cow.

It's a job listing. Sports media is a multi-billion dollar industry and I'm pretty sure ESPN isn't required to hide that fact so you can feel better.

lazyboy97o

The removing of the distinctions between Disney and other ventures owned by Disney has been well noted.This isn't a Walt Disney Parks and Resorts or Walt Disney Consumer Products or Walt Disney Pictures account, it is The Walt Disney Company and that includes ESPN, a division that does bring in billions. Aiming to be an industry leader is also nothing close to your imagined slip. It's Disney using the same feel-good tactics they've been using for years to get people to work for the company.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The removing of the distinctions between Disney and other ventures owned by Disney has been well noted.This isn't a Walt Disney Parks and Resorts or Walt Disney Consumer Products or Walt Disney Pictures account, it is The Walt Disney Company and that includes ESPN, a division that does bring in billions. Aiming to be an industry leader is also nothing close to your imagined slip. It's Disney using the same feel-good tactics they've been using for years to get people to work for the company.

Where in the ad did they mention a passion for your subject or being a industry leader hm?, The ad was STRICTLY about Money which is ALL TWDC cares about these days it was indeed a very telling Ad.

Tigger1988

Where in the ad did they mention a passion for your subject or being a industry leader hm?, The ad was STRICTLY about Money which is ALL TWDC cares about these days it was indeed a very telling Ad.
It's a tweet, limited to 140 characters. The point of such a tweet is to get prospective hires to click the damn link. It's not an essay, it's not a job description. It's a sentence that accurately describes the industry ESPN is in, god forbid they out themselves as a for profit operation.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's a tweet, limited to 140 characters. The point of such a tweet is to get prospective hires to click the damn link. It's not an essay, it's not a job description. It's a sentence that accurately describes the industry ESPN is in, god forbid they out themselves as a for profit operation.

Is your next foray into the obvious going to be water is wet?. Does it read like an ad for a News organization - NO, Does it read like a recruiting poster for a Brokerage - Yes

Does it neatly sum up Disney's priorities i.e. to make money at all costs, Industry leadership in any sector be d-amned as long as the as the 'Street is happy.

Tigger1988

Is your next foray into the obvious going to be water is wet?. Does it read like an ad for a News organization - NO, Does it read like a recruiting poster for a Brokerage - Yes

Does it neatly sum up Disney's priorities i.e. to make money at all costs, Industry leadership in any sector be d-amned as long as the as the 'Street is happy.
How much tin foil do you purchase on a weekly basis?

Not everything is a damn conspiracy.

lazyboy97o

Read the caption on the picture. "Leading the way" would be about being a leader. What is being led? "A multi-billion dollar industry." Who is doing this leading? You are. When? Everyday at work. Nothing at all is about The Walt Disney Company's revenue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom