AKL - pools and kidani village q

Pluto15

Original Poster
Hi all

Is kidani village only for dvc members? Could you be allocated a room there as a resort guest?

Also I read you can use both pools at the lodge. Has anyone tried both and are they both in walking distance. Any pro and cons for both.

Thanks all:)

MaxsDad

Guest can pay cash for rooms at Kidani.

Yes you can walk to either pool from either building, however, it is by no means a short walk.

Kidani's pool has the better slide and better Kid's area.

Jambo's pool is much larger.

Pluto15

Original Poster
Guest can pay cash for rooms at Kidani.

Yes you can walk to either pool from either building, however, it is by no means a short walk.

Kidani's pool has the better slide and better Kid's area.

Jambo's pool is much larger.

Thank you. Would you recommend trying both. Do you think I may be allocated a room at Kidani or is it likely to be the main lodge?

MaxsDad

Thank you. Would you recommend trying both. Do you think I may be allocated a room at Kidani or is it likely to be the main lodge?

Yes, I think it would be worth a visit if you have the time. While you are at the other building checking out the pool, I would say go ahead and explore the entire area there as well. Both buildings have neat features and different animal viewing areas.

Regarding your second question, what kind of room did you book?

Pluto15

Original Poster
Yes, I think it would be worth a visit if you have the time. While you are at the other building checking out the pool, I would say go ahead and explore the entire area there as well. Both buildings have neat features and different animal viewing areas.

Regarding your second question, what kind of room did you book?

I have a standard room booked for 15 days.

MaxsDad

Well, that answers the "if you have the time" part too!

That's awesome. If you have a standard room, then you will be in Jambo House. Kidani only has Deluxe Studios, 1,2, and 3 Bedroom villas. Personally, I prefer Jambo overall. But Kidani is worth a visit. try the pool, and Saana is a great dinning option over there as well.

MaxsDad

Is the other building close enough to take a walk in the evening to view the animal areas

We are not the kind of people who fret over a 5 minute walk the way some people do. So in my opinion, yes it is close enough. Mostly sidewalks, all safe. No major road crossings. If you prefer just go to the Resort Bus stop and board a bus heading to DownTown Disney, and it will stop at Kidani first. To get back to Jambo, board any bus heading to the parks, it will stop at Jambo before going to the parks.

Pluto15

Original Poster
We are not the kind of people who fret over a 5 minute walk the way some people do. So in my opinion, yes it is close enough. Mostly sidewalks, all safe. No major road crossings. If you prefer just go to the Resort Bus stop and board a bus heading to DownTown Disney, and it will stop at Kidani first. To get back to Jambo, board any bus heading to the parks, it will stop at Jambo before going to the parks.

Love walking so that's great. Will be sure to check it out. Thanks for advice

Pluto15

Original Poster
If you like walking and exploring nooks and crannies, you will enjoy your time there. I do.

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it at different times of the day. I've stayed wilderness lodge and loved walking to fort wilderness

Fizban

Hi all

Is kidani village only for dvc members? Could you be allocated a room there as a resort guest?

Also I read you can use both pools at the lodge. Has anyone tried both and are they both in walking distance. Any pro and cons for both.

Thanks all:)
We stayed in Kidani Village 3 years ago in August because Dis offered AP holders some rooms at a discount. The walk between resorts is about 10 minutes by shortcut.

Bairstow

Jambo House:

dak_pool.jpg

jambo_house_pool_view.jpg

Kidani Village:

kidani-village-Feature-Pool.JPG

Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-Villas_Full_7321.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom