Epcot fastpass plan ?'s

JennyANN

Original Poster
As I have it right now, my group has fastpasses for Test Track, Turtle Talk (of whatever it's called), and spaceship earth. All are for after lunch because we are have an 1130 reservation over at Cape May. The plan was for us to get there by 9am and try to get on Soaring standby.....as long as the wait wasn't already outrageous.

I am now thinking about maybe rearranging our plan so that we hit up Test Track right away with the fastpass, then use up the other two by early afternoon. What are the chances of getting a fastpass to soaring day of after we used our first three? We will be there during a busy period, epcot on Good Friday.

Keep in mind we are traveling with my 4 and 6 year old boys. So we will not be at the park late...epcot is kind of meant to be a more casual day for us. And standing in line for a significant amount of time is not a great idea, due to the ages as well. I also definitely want to use the fastpass on Test Track because that is a higher priority for the kids then Soaring.

Thanks for any input, not sure why I'm stressing so much over this plan!

MattC

If you get to the park for opening, meaning you are there before 9 so you can be in the first group in the park, go straight to Soarin and you will be able to get on with minimal wait. If you change Test Track to first thing in the morning and then go to Soarin your wait is going to be considerably longer. On Good Friday I'd say 30-40min at least.

As far as using all 3 of your FPs and then getting one for Soarin. I don't want to say that there is no chance of that because stranger things have happened, but it's slim. Really really slim. Especially if your last FP is in the afternoon. Hope this helps.

Gaston's gal

Even though it is a casual day for you, I would still be at the rope drop to get into Soarin'. I would hate to make a chance in not riding if it is important to you. Enjoy your trip

sjhym333

Here are my thoughts. It is Easter weekend and it will be busy and you have young ones. If I were in your shoes I would be there at rope drop, move your FP for Test Track to 10ish. That way you will have hit the 2 biggies early. If you get through Test Track early you may be able to do something like Imagination before you have to head to your lunch reservation. When you get back to the park you can use your other 2 FP's. After all your FP's are gone you can check a kiosk for other FP's. If Soarin or Test Track are available you would then have been able to do one of them twice, which would be a bonus. If not I would grab one of the other attractions your haven't done yet. If nothing is available then you can do whatever you feel like depending on Wait Times. And remember "people eater" attractions like Energy, American Adventure, China, Canada and France are there with minimal waits.

Weather_Lady

Your chances of getting a 4th FP for TT or Soarin' late in the day are virtually nil. They're in opposite directions from one another, so the sensible plan is to head directly to one of them at rope drop and have a FP+ for later, for the other (which sounds like your original plan - the FP+ you have are good choices for Epcot, so I'd keep them).

BTW, don't get a FP+ for anything first thing in the morning. If you're there at rope drop and head straight to Soarin', the standby wait should be fairly reasonable and you'd be "wasting" a FP+ by using it then for anything. Save your FP+ for when the lines are longer, later in the morning or during the early afternoon.

With the FP+ you're currently holding, I'd do Soarin' immediately after rope drop (arrive at least 30 minutes prior to park opening and be waiting at the turnstiles), then the other attractions in the Land, Seas and Imagination pavilions (stopping by Innoventions if you have time). I'd even do Turtle Talk if you have time, and ignore your FP+ for it. Then stroll through that end of World Showcase (Canada, UK, etc.) and out the International Gateway on the way to your lunch reservation. Upon your return, you can see the other side of World Showcase, do your FP+ for Test Track and SSE, do Mission:Space and anything else you care to do, and oila!, you're done in time to select a spot for dinner (there are a lot of great places in Epcot) and head back to your resort for reasonable bedtime. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom