Pre-Trip A Not so scary food & wine Trip

Greetings. This is my first pre-trip report, or any type of trip report, so please keep that in mind at all times. That being said, it will be our first trip of 2015, which is way over do. Our last trip was last June for Star Wars weekends. We usually go in January each year, but could not this year for a couple of reasons. So we decided to go for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and the Food and Wine Festival. Personally this is my favorite time to go. Our last fall trip was mid September 2013. We did Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that trip, but it was the week before F&W. So that will actually be a first for us. Now that we have a little back history out of the way, let's get to the details:

When: September 23rd- Oct 3rd 2015
Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

So since I'm new here, I'll give you a little background on who will be going. It will be myself, Nick
wdw20132678180836_6850573207.jpg

My Beautiful Wife Sophia,
wdw20132606688782_6850573013.jpg

and our daughter, Trinity
199.JPG

wdw20132606688297_6850573009.jpg

201.JPG

So that makes up the three of us:
wdw201417088384259_7009902318.jpg

Also joining us on this trip, will be my parents. Two of our friends will be joining us a couple of days into our trip as well. I've started to put together our plans for each day, so I'll be posting that shortly.

Mickey81

Original Poster
Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Party #2

The plan for Sunday is to wake up, and hit MK. I plan on making an 8 AM ADR for Cinderellas Royal Table. We did this our first couple of trips to Disney, usually always right after Bibbidi Bobbidi. However the last few trips, we haven't done it, so it was on the list of that DW and DD wanted to do. I'm great with that, because I love ADR's before the park opens. Here's a couple of older pics from our first two times at CRT
IMG_2290.JPG

disney2012-barharbor2012 378.JPG

So after CRT we will just enjoy the park and spend our day at Magic Kingdom until early afternoon and we start to melt. Then it's back to the room, shower, get costumes on and head out for MNSSHP. Yeah, we're planning on doing 3 of them all together......crazy right. I know. However, we all LOVE Halloween. We all love the parks at night. All three agree that our favorite trip was during MNSSHP, and that time we did 3. So yeah, it may seem a little much, but we're all very excited. Don't Judge. :cautious: So joining us for this party will be my parents, and our friends who did not go to the first night, because that's when they flew in. So Boo to You, Hallowishes, Haunted Mansion and the general awesomeness of they party will be the focus. I'm really hoping for a repeat of the Sinister Soiree. If they offer this again, we will be doing this, in the latest possible booking. That way we can do the party all night, then fork over a ridiculous amount of money for my weakness.....Villains. I've heard some really good things about this, so I really hope it lives up to my expectations. Anyway, after that, and the park closes, we wonder back home to POFQ.

Mickey81

Original Poster
So I haven't had a chance to really work on this, because of work. Yeah, that. You know the thing that ultimately funds my addiction. So I'm hoping with my 180 days coming up, I'll be able to work on this a little more. The good thing is, I can put off planning on the Disneyland trip for a while, since there's nothing else I can really do, besides just read articles and peoples experiences. It's kind of hard doing that, letting go in a sense for the time being, when you're use to obsessing over planning for WDW. I also have been planning a trip to Myrtle Beach for one of my daughters cheer competitions. This trip of course falls on when I will have to be booking my ADR's so I'm a little stressed about that, but I think I've got it all figured out. I should be able to do them all at the hotel, before we have to go for her to compete that day. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to add to this a little more frequently. Thanks for reading.

Mickey81

Original Poster
Day 5 Epcot

All day at Epcot, the plan will be to get there for rope drop. Go to test track first. We'll plan on FP+ for soarin, living with the land and spaceship earth. We'll plan on fitting in Nemo and sum of all thrills before 11. Once world showcase opens, we'll be on our way to enjoying our first time at food and wine. We plan on just spending the rest of the day checking out food and drinks here.

Mickey81

Original Poster
Day 6 HS/ MK

So honestly this is the day I have planed the least. I figure we'll get up and have breakfast at FQ. MICKEY WAFFLES!!! Try to get to HS for rope drop. This also just so happens to be my birthday, so in honor of that Tower and Star Tours will be rode multiple times. Rocking will be rode a couple of times as well. We might do a couple of things we haven't done for a while, like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the beast shows. We also have never done the Indiana Jones stunt show. We keep saying that we're going to do it each trip and don't, so I'm going to say that we will Not be riding it this time. I wish I had some idea if Frozen fun was going to be extended into the fall, certainly would make planning this easier. Oh well. Since DHS is kind of a not so hot mess right now, we should be out in plenty of time to get in some pool time and recharge for a night at MK. I'm probably going to try for an ADR at BOG, just because there's not a lot of delicious options here, and we enjoy the atmosphere. We might just skip this and do a QS some where (Columbia Harbour House). I really got to figure this out, only 9 days before I need to figure this out. Rest of the night, just hit up some rides and enjoy the beauty of MK.

mrdrift

The plans for each day sound so wonderful. All of the plans are so relaxed and not rush around to get everything accomplished is really cool. The past CRT pictures are really special, I only wish I had taken my daughter to Disney World when she was younger like your DD. Following along.

Mickey81

Original Poster
The plans for each day sound so wonderful. All of the plans are so relaxed and not rush around to get everything accomplished is really cool. The past CRT pictures are really special, I only wish I had taken my daughter to Disney World when she was younger like your DD. Following along.
Thanks. It's crazy what we can accomplish when it's just the three of us, but with a larger group it will be a little more difficult. We can get ALOT done if we just get up early. We've been very fortunate to go a number of times, and it's the one place we all love to go. As she grows up I'm glad we have these pics, it's crazy where the time goes. Thanks for reading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom