Star Wars - DHS

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Speculation, armchair WDI'ing & making your wish-list...

So let the armchair WDI'ing begin...

I'll repost my idea that the area should be Mos Eisley based so rides/attractions "take" to other areas in the galaxy...

Dining options, ride ideas? Streetmosphere ideas???

Last edited:

twebber55

Speculation, armchair WDI'ing... Making your wish-list... To keep the "Disney announces Ambitous Star Wars Plan" based in news discussion.

So let the armchair WDI begin...

I'll repost my idea that the area should be Mos Eisley based so rides/attractions "take" to other areas in the galaxy...

this will probably be moved to the imagineering form

bhg469

Speculation, armchair WDI'ing... Making your wish-list... To keep the "Disney announces Ambitous Star Wars Plan" based in news discussion.

So let the armchair WDI begin...

I'd love for them to do some sort of star wars influence in DAK as well as studios but it will never happen. As far as Streetmosphere, bring back push and paint him like a droid. Some roaming Bantas might be fun.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
I'd love for them to do some sort of star wars influence in DAK as well as studios but it will never happen. As far as Streetmosphere, bring back push and paint him like a droid. Some roaming Bantas might be fun.

^^^ Yes! I saw a "making of" and the Bantas looked to be free roaming contraption/costumes? I'm wondering if they still have them lying around somewhere.

Also some Tauntauns would be cool.

image.jpg

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Just did a little "Bantha Googling" and found "How did they do that?!"

Answer: Elephants in costumes.

I would LOVE to see Banthas but it would have to be some clever AA/costume contraption.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I know the Mos Eisley cantina is a popular choice for place to eat but I would rather that be a quick service place, not sit down. I would rather see a restaurant themed to Dagobah. Think the Mexico pavilion when you walk inside. The entrance could be through a cave or giant tree of some sort. Out front you can have a crashed X-wing in a swamp area with fog..... When you enter there could be a killer AA of Yoda welcoming you or just walking around a stage area talking. The theming inside could be like
images

You could have R2 and incorporate Darth Vader, the tables/booths can be hollowed out tree stumps. The imagery could be absolutely amazing.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
@erasure fan1

Love that idea! I just don't want a musty smell as I eat my salad. :) that would be cool theming though!

Someone also stated on another thread that Hutt's palace would be good as a sit down. I like that idea as well.

Tatooine:

Roaming Banthas, quirky aliens, talking droids, and more inhabit the lively town of Mos Eisley

Restaurants:
Mos Eisley Cantina- Quick Service, signature drink is Blue Milk(1 cup vanilla soymilk, 1/2tsp unsweetened blue fruit punch mix, 1 tsp sugar) Has animatronic band playing Cantina music. Has Star Wars aliens walking around.

Jabba's Palace- Sit Down, signature drink is Tatooine Sunset(pineapple juice and grenalaide) Has animatronic Jabba the Hutt watching the show, alien performers sing on the stage, Animatronic Rancor in pit.

Shops:
Watto's Shop- Huge selection of Star Wars merchendise.

Tatooine Traders-Same as it is now.

Rides:
Tatooine Podracers- Race podracers through Tatooine with your friends. Includes sandpeople, jawas, and banthas. Watch out for the sarlaac!

Millenium Falcon- Take the Millenium Falcon for a spin as it transports you to the Rebel Base, Hollywood Studios, the Death Star, and Tomorrowland. Replaces Star Tours. Requires Park Hopper.

Meet and Greets:
Banthas, Sandpeople, R2 units, Jabba, etc. Mainly street performers, to create a sense of realism.

Rebel Base

Restaurants:
Jedi Cafe'- Quick Service, signature drink is The Force(1/4 cup lime juice, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 cup sparkling water, 1 scoop lime sherbet) Takes place with a dome showing the galaxy around you.

Rides:
Attack on the Death Star- Big Budget E-ticket where you ride in an X-Wing and embark on a dueling coaster of epic proportions including explosions, laser blasts, hyperspeed jumps, and exploding death stars. 6 different tracks.

Meet and Greets:
X-Wing Pilots, Chewbacca, Rebel Leaders, etc.

Death Star

Rides:
Attack on the Rebel Base!: Same as Attack on the Death Star, except you are in Tie Fighters and duel the X-Wings. Includes different scenes and 4 additional tracks.

Meet and Greets: Darth Vader, Storm Troopers,etc.

What do you think? This is whipped up pretty quickly, so I apologize about some mistakes or lack of description.

rockergonecrazy

I read somewhere that any star wars added to the parks would be based off the upcoming movies and I think that's just a shame. I'm sure they will be great movies and could lead to great attractions but you can't ignore the previous ones!

I agree with @erasure fan1 that the mos eisley cantina should be a QS, not a sit down. And if you wanna stick with the tatooine theme I think it would be awesome to have a pod racer e-ticket in the vein of RSR!

erasure fan1

@erasure fan1

Love that idea! I just don't want a musty smell as I eat my salad. :) that would be cool theming though!

Someone also stated on another thread that Hutt's palace would be good as a sit down. I like that idea as well.
Hey you want authentic right?;)

I like the Hutt palace idea as well because of the amount of star wars nostalgia you could cram into the decorations. I would just rather see that as part of the Jabbas Palace escape from the Rancor pit mega E-ticket ride. The queue start from the entrance C3-PO and R2 came in with the TT-8L/Y7 droid and then you wind through the palace like pirates. Once you board (your droid transport) the ride (hybrid dark-ride/coaster) would take you through the palace through the famous rooms/areas you see in Jedi. You end up in front of Jabba (complete with slave Leia AA;)) and get sent to the final confrontation with the Rancor. Not to pat myself on the back, but, BEST RIDE EVER!!!!!!

rockergonecrazy

I love the Jabba's palace idea but the big problem I have with it is that in order for it to have the rancor or Jabba then it would need to be set prior to episode 6. If they did that then it would mess with the time period for the rest of the star wars area... or do most people not really care about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom