Best Time to Add a Day to a Ticket

jessfriends

I heard before when the best time is to add a day to your ticket but I forgot.

Should I activate the ticket and then add the day or should I add the day before activating the ticket?

The person I am inquiring about has a 8-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option and they would like to make it a 9-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option.

If it should be upgraded before it's activated is this something that can be done at my resort? I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn.

TXDisney

Change it at any time. Don't think there's really a difference price wise if you wait. Should just be like 15-20 dollars more. Even wait till the trip to extend it if you want.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

From the Disney website:
Q. Can Magic Your Way tickets be upgraded after they are purchased?

A. Yes. If it is within 14 days of a Magic Your Way theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded.

***the caveat is you must have remaining admissions...you need to do it before you activate your last day.

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

From the Disney website:
Q. Can Magic Your Way tickets be upgraded after they are purchased?

A. Yes. If it is within 14 days of a Magic Your Way theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded.

***the caveat is you must have remaining admissions...you need to do it before you activate your last day."

------------------
Yes, this is the most important point - you cannot use up the last day and then try to add another day (the following day), you must add the add'l day before using up the original ticket days. I'm not sure if you can/can't add it on the last day, so I would suggest that you add it as soon as you are sure that you want the add'l day. It can be done at any Guest Relations - at your resort, or the ones inside/outside every park.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

You also asked about upgrading your tickets while at your hotel. Yes, you can do that at the guest relations desk at any on-site hotel at any time they are open (regular business hours) during your stay. You can also do it at guest relations in the parks but the lines will undoubtedly be longer there.

If I knew in advance that I was going to upgrade though, I would do it over the phone now and use the time in the World to enjoy myself.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Where did they buy the ticket? Or rather more importantly did they pay full price for the ticket? If it was purchased from an authorized reseller at a discount, they would want to use it at least once to enter the park, and then do the upgrade. They would need to ask the CM to "bridge" the ticket. This would change the value of the ticket from what the reseller paid for it, to what the current gate price of the ticket is. If you don't use it at least once, or don't ask them to "bridge" it, you may only get a value of what the reseller paid, which is obviously less than what you paid. Make sure to know how much the difference is in the price, and ask the CM to doublecheck if the price difference doesn't match with what you think it should be. They don't always do the process correctly.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Where did they buy the ticket? Or rather more importantly did they pay full price for the ticket? If it was purchased from an authorized reseller at a discount, they would want to use it at least once to enter the park, and then do the upgrade. They would need to ask the CM to "bridge" the ticket. This would change the value of the ticket from what the reseller paid for it, to what the current gate price of the ticket is. If you don't use it at least once, or don't ask them to "bridge" it, you may only get a value of what the reseller paid, which is obviously less than what you paid. Make sure to know how much the difference is in the price, and ask the CM to doublecheck if the price difference doesn't match with what you think it should be. They don't always do the process correctly.
We had a bad experience with this ourselves. Our tickets were purchased thru Undercover Tourist, all good and fine, legit. We were 4 or 5 days into a 6 day ticket and wanted to add 1 day. We were at the Contemporary and asked them to do it...oh dear God....just to forewarn you, not every CM knows how to do this if you purchased your tickets elsewhere. They wanted to charge us the price difference from UC to Disney and the add-a-day for a total that was over $100. Uh, no. Nearly an hour later, it was squared away for like $20 or something ridiculous.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

We had a bad experience with this ourselves. Our tickets were purchased thru Undercover Tourist, all good and fine, legit. We were 4 or 5 days into a 6 day ticket and wanted to add 1 day. We were at the Contemporary and asked them to do it...oh dear God....just to forewarn you, not every CM knows how to do this if you purchased your tickets elsewhere. They wanted to charge us the price difference from UC to Disney and the add-a-day for a total that was over $100. Uh, no. Nearly an hour later, it was squared away for like $20 or something ridiculous.

AYup. Exactly why I suggested going into it knowing how much it should cost based on current gate prices, and ask them to double check, or talk to a manager if needed.

Upvote 0

jessfriends

Original Poster

It was purchased online through Disney's website. Thanks for the information.

This ticket was purchased before the recent price increase. Looking at current ticket prices the difference between an 8 and 9 day park hopper is $10 and change. Would the person have to pay more than the $10 and change because the ticket was cheaper (purchased before the price increase)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DisneyJill

It was purchased online through Disney's website. Thanks for the information.

This ticket was purchased before the recent price increase. Looking at current ticket prices the difference between an 8 and 9 day park hopper is $10 and change. Would the person have to pay more than the $10 and change because the ticket was cheaper (purchased before the price increase)?

I believe you would pay to upgrade whatever the cost is on the day you choose to upgrade it, meaning you would pay current prices for the upgrade regardless of when the ticket was originally purchased.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom