Anna/Elsa only on standby?

Aquira

Original Poster
I went exactly at midnight, sixty days in advance, and it says they are not available(on computer). My phone claimed they were only on standby. Is this new? I tried two different dates.

sjhym333

Not new at all. It means that the FP's for that day are already gone. Anna/Elsa is not a high capacity attraction and they tend to go quickly once the 60 day window opens. Having said that, you should continue to check back on a regular basis as FP's can open as people change their plans. Last week I saw Anna/Elsa available (though for one time period only) twice before I headed to the parks.

IF you can't get FP's for Anna/Elsa I would highly recommend you get to the MK at rope drop and head right to the Frozen princesses to minimize your wait time. Otherwise you are looking at 90 plus minutes to see them.

DizneyPryncess

They seem to go very quickly, but that's frustrating that you were on at the exact time and they were gone already. I agree with @sjhym333 about continuing to check. People change & cancel things all the time. We had an Anna/Elsa FP in May, and the guy behind us with his daughter had checked on their way to the park that morning and managed to grab two that someone had likely cancelled. Don't give up hope yet. ;)

sjhym333

Florida Schools start to get out during May maybe that is the reason? Not sure of the why, but several people have posted here over the past several months of being unable to get Frozen meet and greet FP's after midnight. And I understand what you're saying. I saw Anna/Elsa twice last week on last minute trips. I left them for a someone else since I have no interest.

dlmof2

Is choosing fp+ like booking dining reservations? Meaning can you book for the whole trip after midnight on the first day of the trip. Or do you have to book each day separately exactly 60 days out of each?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Is choosing fp+ like booking dining reservations? Meaning can you book for the whole trip after midnight on the first day of the trip. Or do you have to book each day separately exactly 60 days out of each?
If you are a Disney resort guest you can book your fastpasses for your entire trip at 60 days.

If you are staying offsite, you can book at 30 days, but only one day at a time.

I didn't think you could book FP+ at midnight.
You can if the parks have closed for the night and the MDE system has updated.

HollieW

Does anyone know if the fast passes are released at midnight in the UK or at a different time to coincide with the release in the US?

Thank you! ✨

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the fast passes are released at midnight in the UK or at a different time to coincide with the release in the US?

Thank you! ✨
The fastpass system refreshes once the parks have closed for the day; it can be as early as midnight (US time) or later if the parks are open past midnight. The fastpasses are released for all guests at the same time.

stevehousse

It also goes by Florida time. I live in Chicago and since the park closed at 10pm the night before the 60th day kicked in, right at 11pm Chicago time (12am Florida time) I was able to make all our fps then.

You may have lucked out on yours by now, but sometimes people forget that since resort guests can book up to 14 nights of their stay at the 60- days- ahead mark, some are actually booking 75 days ahead, not just 60. So, they can book the day they check out, not just the first day. Of course most people don't stay 2 weeks, but you see how FP for A&E could be gone right at 60 days or even further out. Another helpful website (thedibb.co.uk/forums) has a FP availability chart (see tabs on the right) and today, for example, it shows they are all booked until May 22nd. It could be helpful to watch it and pounce on FP that become available through cancellations. It is updated every 30 minutes and people have reported getting theirs that way.
Also don't forget that sometimes Disney updates their park hours and if they end up adding 1-2 hours to one of your days, they will release more FP. Just sign up for an alert to park hour changes. Sometimes that is why it seems you can suddenly find a bunch of hard to get ones that were previously not available. They recently did that for days in April for example.
Yesterday I noticed the A&E standby line was 55 min at 8:30 p.m., which wasn't worse than a lot of attractions so maybe you will be o.k. doing that if worse comes to worse.
By the way, yes, the southeastern USA schools for the most part get out of school by approx May 30th and go back by approx Aug 15th...at least GA, TN, AL, MS and S.C. tend to.

Last edited:

ItlngrlBella

Is there only one Elsa M&G at Magic Kingdom and not one at EPCOT? I know one is coming to Norway but you'd think they'd do a temp one at EPCOT to meet the demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom