The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Care to say any of that in english? I have no idea what you have just said, but, now I'm scared! :jawdrop:

That is one of my favorite lines during school board meetings. Staff pitching anything got to the latest educational buzz words, phrases or acronyms and I am never to proud to request it be broken down into English. We have an attorney board member who will make similar requests of presenters.

Every once in a while we'll get a few that can't explain it and that is when it becomes fun! I'd never vote to approve something I can't comprehend let alone teaching staff that can't. We usually send them away giving them 2 months and at that time are welcome to revisit the board.

Gabe1

Not a fan of HGTV anymore. I used to love it--years ago when it really was a wonderful learning channel for crafts, interior design, sewing, gardening, etc. Now it's only a real estate channel. They ruined it.

I loved HGTV and the Food Channel. I learned a great deal or grabbed some good ideas from both originally. Sadly reality TV type shows took over both and they became very predictable and boring.

Gabe1

There's something we have in common... that is my absolute favorite and whenever I see any of it, I am forced to buy it. I think it is brought in by aliens in a passive aggressive plan to take over the world. That is why you will almost never see me wandering into candy stores. I have no will power. If I see them, they will be mine.

Me, I can never go into a pet shop that has animals. I also avoid going into PetSmart when they bring in dogs for adoption.

MOXOMUMD

I agree. I watch too much British TV. I got hooked on EastEners a few years back so that's four episodes a week right there. I also like the classic British shows. Vicar of Dibley is one of my favorites.

I don't know why we don't get panel shows over here. QI, Have I Got News For You, and Mock the Week are great.
My favorite classic is Are You Being Served?. :)

donaldtoo

My last name is British and supposedly my family on my father's side came from England. Not sure how far back that was though. I don't know much about my family on my father's side.

My last name is Czech. I'm mostly of Czech origin with a bit of German thrown in. My relatives came in through the port of Galveston, Texas. I'm 3rd generation American.
When I was a kid, my folks used to speak Czech around us when they didn't want us to know what they were talking about. They lost that over the years. Then, they made contact with some relatives in Prague/Praha, Czech Republic several years back. They scheduled a trip there for a year later. They spent the entire year brushing back up on their Czech. When they finally went on the trip, the relatives were very surprised and impressed with their fluent command of the Czech language. My folks have been back twice, since that trip.
I know a few phrases here and there, but, nothing like my folks.
I really want to go see that beautiful city and be able to speak to those relatives in the language like my folks, someday. :)

MOXOMUMD

that could explain the p0 rn industry. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

salad tossing....
SWwTvSq.gif
(giggle giggle) :oops: :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

So my lawn ornament is now on a tow truck. Thankfully, our trash bag job covering the window held up. Repair shop said they've got a new battery and most likely a new ignition. Tow truck driver said that the original guy who tried to get my car started yanked the key out of the ignition and broke it, which is what I suspected he had done.:banghead: What happened was the key got stuck in the ignition, which isn't unusual when you have a dead battery (and when I was sitting there, I read that online, so I wasn't worried about it). But then what happened was that when the guy got it to start, when he pulled the key out, it still didn't have enough juice to go into the off position, so instead of saying to me, "Hey, you have another problem here," he yanked the key out and broke the ignition. I saw him yank it out too. What a moron.

So if they have the ignition in the shop, I'll have it back by tomorrow or Sunday (gives them time to get the interior repaired). If they don't have the ignition, it'll be more like Monday or Tuesday, and I'll have one of the other cars those days.

So if this happens on campus again, I'm not bother with AAA, even if they do offer us a free membership. I'll go to campus security and let them help me. At least I know they won't do anything to damage my car. :banghead:

StarWarsGirl

Over the past few days, I've realized that what I've eaten has been very unexciting.

Struggling with the car...went in and got a pizza.

Last night for dinner...French Bread pizza (Stouffer's, only brand of frozen pizza I'll eat.)

Today, Mom calls and says she's bringing home lunch, what do I want? Mushroom pizza.:rolleyes:

I'm in college; I can get away with all of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom