Questions about Castaway Cay 5k

LWB

Original Poster
Do you sign up in advance, or do you show up that morning at the location listed in the Navigator? Is there a place to store your bag so you can take a change of clothes for after the 5k? What about valuables - I'd want my good camera with me at Castaway Cay! Suggestions as to logistics of this? Thanks!

Gaston's gal

For the Castaway Cay 5k, we just showed up the day of (around 8am) to sign up and get our numbers. They showed us the race route on a map, then we all walked as a large group out to the start. I don't know about the valuables since I had some members of our group that didn't run so they carried our stuff. Have fun!

216bruce

You can reserve a place too if you are worried about it filling up. I did the day before, but that is just for the 'unofficial' 5K. not the new, fancy bling one via RunDisney.
There are lockers on the island you can use and you may have time to stow stuff before the race starts. It's pretty informal. Heck, they'll probably wait a couple of minutes for you.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I know we signed up in advance (did it in December). We all met beforehand somewhere on the ship and walked down together. I had to drop my daughter off at the kid's club on the way down, so actually I didn't start the race on time. We just put our stuff by a tree (maybe we were a little too trusting). It was all there when we got back.

Disneyfalcon

It's become a tiny bit more formal. You now sign up in advance and there's a new (very cool) rubber medal. Check your Navigator for where and when to sign up.

tmitch

downloadfile.jpeg

cbettua

You need to sign up the first day you get on the ship at guest relations. It fills up quick now. We also got the new rundisney metal. Also, if you don't dock at Castaway, you still get the metal. That's what happened to us, so we ran a 5k on the ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom