Emma Watson as Belle

Disneyhead'71

Mary elizabeth winstead would be a better fit for belle. Like I said just like that twilight girl in snow white and the huntsman, hollywood tries to get big names that will resonate with the tweeners instead of looking for someone that would truly fit the part whether their a big name star or not. They should be looking for someone that will fit the part, get a great director and have a script that will knock it out of the park instead of signing a name everyone loves and relying on hermione and beauty and the beast nostalgia to sell the tickets. When the big name actress/actor fits the part then yay! win/win but cmon. I hope I'm wrong and that it breaks box office records around the globe, I just don't see it happening. And yes I've seen every harry potter, spring breakers and the bling ring. I like emma watson, I do, but I don't see her adequately pulling off Belle. Hopefully it's not as bad as the 90s show with ron pearlman lol
PS did you know they also offered the role of cinderella to emma watson? Thankfully she turned it down as she would fit that part even worse. Time will tell on that one. Looks to be a solid cast but how's the script and execution is the real question.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead? Really? Her work in Scott Pilgrim and The Thing scream broadway musical style. And I couldn't disagree with you more. Winstead is totally art house pulp. Couldn't be farther from Disney Theatrical.

SnarkyMonkey

Anyone can sing. I can sing, you can sing... and I'm sure that a decent portion of actors have some sort of vocal training. It doesn't mean that they're great though. When someone asks can someone sing, it means can they sing extremely well. Can they put on a great show by singing. The question is if Disney is picking an actress who can only sing decently, but has star power. If someone has no known singing credits to their name, it is a valid concern.

Well, she does a few singing credits and vocal training and must have satisfied Disney. That's all.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Beast and Gaston cast -

Downton Abbey’s Dan Stevens as the Beast

grid-cell-9239-1425552533-10.jpg

The Hobbit’s Luke Evans will play villain Gaston

B_U7-8IWkAADvbM.jpg:large

Brer Panther

The guy who played the sweet and loveable Olaf, the one character in Frozen I really like, as the bad guy's sidekick? Not sure how I feel about that...

Sped2424

The guy who played the sweet and loveable Olaf, the one character in Frozen I really like, as the bad guy's sidekick? Not sure how I feel about that...
You should feel excited. Lefou is a comedic role and if there is one thing that josh gad excels at it's being funny. So many of his good lines from frozen were cut or downplayed (he ad libs a lot). So put him in a film that skews a bit older means he can probably get a away with a bit more meaning we have gold.

Brer Panther

You should feel excited. Lefou is a comedic role and if there is one thing that josh gad excels at it's being funny. So many of his good lines from frozen were cut or downplayed (he ad libs a lot). So put him in a film that skews a bit older means he can probably get a away with a bit more meaning we have gold.

I know, it just kind of feels odd because up until now, Josh Gad's characters have always been nice guys (Olaf, Louis in Ice Age 4). On a positive note, I'm all for Josh Gad appearing in more Disney movies.

Brer Panther

You know what I think would be cool? If they got Jeff Bennett to play Lumiere. He provided his voice for a few video games and he's also a pretty good singer.

But they're obviously not going to do that because he's just a voice actor, and Walt forbid a voice actor provide the voice of a character in any movie EVER.

FettFan

Bad casting choice. David Ogden Stiers was the PERFECT Cogsworth....both refined and yet overly fussy.

Nothing against McKellen, but his voice is more stately and stoic....and it doesn't match Cogsworth's character. If anything, McKellen would be best suited as the creepy asylum keeper. (voiced by Tony Jay in the original)

Seriously, it's like getting Tim Curry as the new voice of C-3PO.

Sped2424

Bad casting choice. David Ogden Stiers was the PERFECT Cogsworth....both refined and yet overly fussy.

Nothing against McKellen, but his voice is more stately and stoic....and it doesn't match Cogsworth's character. If anything, McKellen would be best suited as the creepy asylum keeper. (voiced by Tony Jay in the original)

Seriously, it's like getting Tim Curry as the new voice of C-3PO.
I am sorry, but Ian mckellen bad casting choice? In his own words.
200.gif

You need to see more of his work beyond film and xmen. Cause he does sassy and fussy fabulously well.

FettFan

I am sorry, but Ian mckellen bad casting choice? In his own words.
200.gif

You need to see more of his work beyond film and xmen. Cause he does sassy and fussy fabulously well.

I'm sure he does, but I don't like change. David Ogden Stiers or GTHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom