Fastpass only showing 30 days in advance?

Aquira

Original Poster
I thought hotel guests could book a fastpass sixty days in advance. I'm nearly to that point, so I looked at the calendar for fun. It is only displaying trips within the next 30 days as eligible. I was signed in to the account with the trip. Is it because the hotel isn't fully paid off, or is this normal? Will I have to phone it in instead?

Tom

Beta Return
You must be a Disney resort hotel guest AND have valid theme park tickets (or an AP) linked to the account. Then you can book 60 days out from your trip.

For anyone else, you can only book 30-days out, day by day.

Disneydreamer23

Yes when is your trip?> If it is April 23 than you will see it 60 days from the date, if you are NOT staying at a Disney resort you will see it 30.

tookydo

Wow! I just noticed the same thing about my account and was going to post and ask the same question. I am staying on property 8/1 - 8/9. I originally booked a room only; then I added tickets when I discovered the raise/target gift card discount which was cheaper than UCT. I did not call to add the tickets; I did it myself after logging in to my MDE so my resort confirmation number is not letters and numbers, it is the standard 12 digit resort confirmation number. Both my tickets and my resort reservation show up. Just for fun I clicked on fastpass+ and it is allowing me to make FP reservations for the next 30 days. My first thought was that it is not recognizing my resort reservation because it doesn't have a package confirmation number. So after what I've read here, my 60 days window will 'appear' when I am 60 days out?? With all of the Disney IT issues, I'm terrified that on the day my FP window opens, I will be shut out as it will only allow me to book 30 days in advance since at the moment it is acting as if I only have tickets and not a room reservation.

CaptainAmerica

Wow! I just noticed the same thing about my account and was going to post and ask the same question. I am staying on property 8/1 - 8/9. I originally booked a room only; then I added tickets when I discovered the raise/target gift card discount which was cheaper than UCT. I did not call to add the tickets; I did it myself after logging in to my MDE so my resort confirmation number is not letters and numbers, it is the standard 12 digit resort confirmation number. Both my tickets and my resort reservation show up. Just for fun I clicked on fastpass+ and it is allowing me to make FP reservations for the next 30 days. My first thought was that it is not recognizing my resort reservation because it doesn't have a package confirmation number. So after what I've read here, my 60 days window will 'appear' when I am 60 days out?? With all of the Disney IT issues, I'm terrified that on the day my FP window opens, I will be shut out as it will only allow me to book 30 days in advance since at the moment it is acting as if I only have tickets and not a room reservation.
You're fine.

It's showing you the next 30 days because you could theoretically fly down to Orlando, stay off property, take those tickets you purchased and use them tomorrow as a non-resort guest.

EDIT: It's similar for a Cast Member or Annual Passholder. A Cast Member always sees FP+ availability for the next 14 days and an AP always sees FP+ availability for the next 30 days because they have "valid admission" for those days. If a CM or AP is ALSO staying at a resort 60 days out, they'll have an additional window on those days.

Aquira

Original Poster
Thank you all for answering! I'm still a bit nervous about the whole thing, I wish it showed the sixty day window the whole time. I always feel like sown thing will go wrong, but hopefully things will be fine. Wish me luck with pixie dust!

Rob562

Thank you all for answering! I'm still a bit nervous about the whole thing, I wish it showed the sixty day window the whole time. I always feel like sown thing will go wrong, but hopefully things will be fine. Wish me luck with pixie dust!

If it showed the 60 day window the whole time, it would give lots of people access to FP+ reservations for dates well before their actual hotel reservation. That wouldn't do anyone any favors.

What would stop someone going 60 days from today but staying off-site from making a room-only hotel reservation for 75 days from now, book their FP+ choices for the dates 60 days away, going on their trip, and then cancelling the on-site hotel reservation before it gets to the 5-day cancellation deadline?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom