If I were to UPGRADE WDW to compete with Universal

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
The thing that I feel about WDW is that all the rides should be based off of some Disney Movie, but Astro?

So we should probably bulldoze Mount Everest, Space Mountain, Tiki room, Thunder Mountain, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Kali River Rapids, Hall of Presidents, The American Adventure, O' Canada, Reflections of China, Impressions de France, Test Track, Mission: Space, SUM of all thrills, Kilimanjaro Safaris, It's a Small World....

And as for attractions that later had movies, they shouldn't even exist. Such as Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bears, Dinosaur, The Haunted Mansion..

You must be totally psyched about Frozen replacing Maelstrom.

No offense or anything, but that's probably the worst excuse I've ever heard of having to get rid of an attraction. Also.. Astro is much more popular than Magic Carpets, just an FYI... It actually gives a thrill by being so high in the air. Magic Carpets of Aladdin just make the entire Adventureland area cluttered and truth be told, if you look at it compared to the rest of the themed land, it honestly looks pretty cheesy.

DisneyManOne

So we should probably bulldoze Mount Everest, Space Mountain, Tiki room, Thunder Mountain, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Kali River Rapids, Hall of Presidents, The American Adventure, O' Canada, Reflections of China, Impressions de France, Test Track, Mission: Space, SUM of all thrills, Kilimanjaro Safaris, It's a Small World....

And as for attractions that later had movies, they shouldn't even exist. Such as Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bears, Dinosaur, The Haunted Mansion..

You must be totally psyched about Frozen replacing Maelstrom.

No offense or anything, but that's probably the worst excuse I've ever heard of having to get rid of an attraction. Also.. Astro is much more popular than Magic Carpets, just an FYI... It actually gives a thrill by being so high in the air. Magic Carpets of Aladdin just make the entire Adventureland area cluttered and truth be told, if you look at it compared to the rest of the themed land, it honestly looks pretty cheesy.

I have to agree, Vanessa. All those rides Wonders mentioned are classics that many people associate with Disney. Disney is not just the animated classics many people love.

And what's this I hear about your disdain about Astro Orbiter? Vanessa, do you know how many kids dream about flying in spaceships? A lot. But with your reasoning that every ride should be based around a Disney property, maybe we should just turn the ride vehicles into the rocket from "Little Einsteins".

Forgive me if that was a little harsh, but I am a strong defender of the classics here at the parks.

BigHero4

I love the idea of adding more Big Hero 6 stuff in the parks. IMO better movie than Frozen with less park presence.

My Imagineering
Tomorrowland arcade: A new meet n' greet with 2nd Dimension P&F, Vannelope, Ralph & the Big Heroes 6.

Buzz Lightyear Spaceranger Spin (Big Hero 6: Baymax's Adventure): The ride queue looks like Fred's house, & the car you get into looks like a bunch of teeny microbots. You have to shoot the 'masks' to get points.

The Spaceranger Spin type ride is a great idea and my kids would love that. Or you could do something at Epcot like a Soarin'-based ride on the back of Baymax.

I have to agree, Vanessa. All those rides Wonders mentioned are classics that many people associate with Disney. Disney is not just the animated classics many people love.

And what's this I hear about your disdain about Astro Orbiter? Vanessa, do you know how many kids dream about flying in spaceships? A lot. But with your reasoning that every ride should be based around a Disney property, maybe we should just turn the ride vehicles into the rocket from "Little Einsteins".

Forgive me if that was a little harsh, but I am a strong defender of the classics here at the parks.

I understand, seriously I do. I just always imagine when I go on rides "Oh, now i'm going to get to step into the world of___." And I LOVE LOVE the classics. Everest? Sign me up! I was just saying there are some rides where it seems like no one really cares about them. And hello, I KNOW how cool the Dumbo/Carpet/Spaceship thing is. I'm the one who was defending 'Magic Carpets of Aladdin'! I really don't want to come off as harsh, but I just want you to understand where I stand on this.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I understand, seriously I do. I just always imagine when I go on rides "Oh, now i'm going to get to step into the world of___." And I LOVE LOVE the classics. Everest? Sign me up! I was just saying there are some rides where it seems like no one really cares about them. And hello, I KNOW how cool the Dumbo/Carpet/Spaceship thing is. I'm the one who was defending 'Magic Carpets of Aladdin'! I really don't want to come off as harsh, but I just want you to understand where I stand on this.

Not harsh.. Just a bit confusing !

DisneyManOne

Alright, I guess I was a little bit harsh on you. Looking back, I guess I took that comment of yours about "all the rides should be based off of some Disney movie" and must have overread that, and I got all upset, thinking you didn't like the classics. I'm awful sorry about that.

BTW, I noticed one of your ideas was to replace Splash Mountain with a Fantasia ride. I don't think that would be thematically correct.

Alright, I guess I was a little bit harsh on you. Looking back, I guess I took that comment of yours about "all the rides should be based off of some Disney movie" and must have overread that, and I got all upset, thinking you didn't like the classics. I'm awful sorry about that.

BTW, I noticed one of your ideas was to replace Splash Mountain with a Fantasia ride. I don't think that would be thematically correct.

Looking back on the 'Fantasia' idea, I agree with you :) Thanks for the apology, it definitely made me feel better today :) Hope we continue to work on this thread and that it continues to blossom into something fab!

DSquared

So I've never done my own full-out imagineering thread and I am going to give it a shot! If I was suddenly randomly in charge of getting WDW up to par with Universal by taking over the park as of RIGHT NOW, these are the changes I would make...

MAGIC KINGDOM

FRONTIERLAND -
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: This is a very popular attraction and the basic ride layout wouldn't need to be changed at all. However, I would work on effects. Both old that no longer work and new! Get the "falling rocks" feeling back on that one lift. Show quality up at its highest.

Splash Mountain: Again, quite popular. I wouldn't change this ride. Just keep maintenance up. Maybe upgrade parts that cause the ride to break down or effects that sometimes break to be more reliable. I consider this better than Dudley Doo Right most definitely.

Tom Sawyer Island: I never cared for this who area. But other people do and it's a nice little add-on experience to MK. Re-open the island with a refurbished indoor table-service restaurant themed to eating maybe inside a country house.

Country Bear Jamboree: As much as the original show is a classic and all, it's just not as entertaining as it was when it originally opened. It even had to be shortened. I would completely scratch the original show. Create a brand new show to play for the spring and bring back the seasonal "Vaction
Hoedown" and Christmas Special shows. It's not ever going to be a headliner attraction, but it's a small attraction that people will leave saying "that was neat!" A show like Country Bear Jamboree I believe can only make it as a parody of well known songs and country artists. That's what will keep the show alive and funny.

Western River Expedition: It's been a very long time since Frontierland has gotten a new attraction, and this would be the perfect attraction to add! I understand that Big Thunder basically took this ride's place when it was originally planned. But instead of making this ride about the thrills (sure it can have some drops and stuff), make it a fast-moving beautiful scenic ride! Make it go through a little western town, maybe even stop in the are for a "shoot 'em up" scene with some "rain proof" realistic AAs! That'd be awesome!

The River surrounding TSI: Find some way to really work on the water and clean it up! Add back Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes to make it more lively again. Add some new scenery objects around the trees and such for the riverboat and canoes.

Adventureland -

Swiss Family Treehouse: I wouldn't change a thing about this. Whether people go view it or not, even if not experienced it looks great in adventureland as scenery. It blends in well.

Jungle Cruise: I've never gotten to experience the "funny" cheesy jokes everyone says they get to experience. I'd change this attraction only based on cast members that tour the guests during the ride. Raise the pay for these particular cast members on the boats, and be very strict on who they cast for this ride as tour guides. The only kind i've seen have had NO energy and it's VERY boring and stupid. I can see the cheesiness of the jokes if I ever have a good cast member, but I have yet to have that experience.

Enchanted Tiki Room: I preferred the "Under New Management" show much better. It was a bit more entertaining. BUT.. I would not revert back to it. I would get rid of Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and expand the building by much and convert the entire attraction into a restaurant. This show is boring. BUT it WOULDN'T be in a dining situation. It'd be VERY awesome as a restaurant like it was originally supposed to be. If there's anything big to add in Adventureland, this restaurant would be it.

Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Goodbye

Pirates of the Caribbean: I'll get some hate as people say "That's not the point of this ride blah blah blah" but if that's the case, I'm sorry. I want EVERY SINGLE animatronic to have full motion exactly like Jack Sparrow's animatronics! The whole thing just feels AWKWARD. Especially with the realistic jack sparrow behind what is clearly awkward robots that move like robots and look like robots. I'm not saying that the AAs need to lose their cartoony looks.. I'm saying that they need to be drastically upgraded to full movement. Dark rides focuses are only on effects and AAs, so why not make them impressive?

Tomorrowland (3.0) -
Tomorrowland as a whole: A MASSIVE new refurb to the entire land! I think the orange-color would work well! Have a brand new orange-color scheme that goes throughout the entire land. (But create it in a way that the lights still have their colors at night.) Either that, or maybe re-design the buildings to match the upcoming "Tomorrowland" movie. After all, why not? It'd be very neat!

Space Mountain: Massive upgrade. Put a spectacular looking projection on the entire ceiling of Space Mountain with 3D-like effects (without glasses required) and have some star-lighting effects on some turns and such. Also, what was freaking amazing at Disneyland was the ghost coaster in October.. Add that in as well.

Carousel of Progress (The Adventures of Wall-E): Re-locate to EPCOT. Basically demolish the inside of the building to create a new Wall*E attraction. Add in a brand new queue-line taking over the entire outdoor extended queue to Buzz Lightyear Spaceranger Spin and Buzz Meet N' Greet. Create a new building for the queue. The original outside "arc" waiting area transformed into an indoor pre-show room featuring the captain of the ship from the movie with a sort of "advertisement" video for the ships going into outter space as they clean up earth for the next hundred of years or whatever. Then, guests enter a 360-degree theatre. The film starts with Wall-E opening the door to his little shop and starts going to work. Then, all of a sudden a strange object appears in front of Wall-E. He pushes a button and gives him a bunch of options of where he would like to travel to. It's a teleportation machine. He pushes a buttons that transports him to different iconic areas around the earth that are in ruins, but have all been changed to futuristic settings. This goes on for 15 minutes with wall-e doing his funny little things and then the show concludes with him travelling back to his home and the door to his shop closes again, lights out, and the end.
View attachment 84798
Typo: 360*

Laugh Floor Comedy Club (Meet the Robinsons: Dimension Breakthrough): Re-locate to Hollywood Studios. (Only reason for re-locating is because I really like this show.) Create a brand new action-packed ride themed to "Meet the Robinsons". Think of a ride similar to when Jimmy Neutron and Hanna Barbera were at Universal Studios.. Actually.. Think of it EXACTLY like those attractions..

The queue line is re-themed to the house of the Robinsons. Once you reach a certain point of the queue, the queue continues through a door that takes you to a wide hallway (currently would be half of the existing pre-show room). Then, you come to the pre-show with the atmosphere themed to the Robinsons garage. The pre-show is made up of Wilbur talking about his brand new dimension-car he's been working on and the guests are invited to try it out. The evil bowler hat guy comes in and steals one of his dimension machines and it's up to Wilbur and the guests to try and stop him. You then enter the new attraction room, similar to the one at Uni where Despicable Me is right now. Simulator cars are within the theatre facing a giant screen. The attraction starts and Wilbur sets all of the dimension cars to follow the bowler hat guy to each dimension he goes to. They go through the follow dimensions: Brave, Tangled, Monsters Inc., Phineas & Ferb, Tron and the finale takes place in Tomorrowland (Meet the Robinsons version). They capture the bowler hat guy and take everyone back to the garage and the end!
View attachment 84808
^^^Instead themed to Wilbur's garage.

Stitch's Great Escape: Yes.. Yes. Obviously going to be replaced. But with what? I decided to challenge myself. The challenge: Keep the entire layout the same, including the attraction rooms. I came up with this plan. Doctor Who. Yep! You heard it! With Avatarland coming to AK, I don't want to hear the "That's not Disney!" rule. In fact, I think the whole concept would fit well in Tomorrowland! The long outside queue line can remain the same, but since I enjoy indoor queues.. Ding! Ding! It shall be enclosed and themed to a space-station. This entire area could be themed to some freaking awesome Doctor Who-style music. Then everyone enters the pre-show room that currently exists with the TV Monitors. This concept would stay the same, but re-themed to the space station theme, and maybe instead of TV Screens, a hologram-like projection is played with the Doctor explaining to guests that they are up for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go along with him in the.. -drum roll-... TARDIS! (eeyyy.. Now you're seeing how we can use the same attraction layout now arent you ;D) Everyone then heads into the next room which is now transformed into another queue-line room (yes, the one that goes back and forth. But no worries, everyone will get in.) The room is re-themed to the "space station administrations desk" with the currently very impressive robot AA taking phone calls and whatnot and communicating with guests as they walk by. The two small alien AAs will be behind little computers working on those on little desks on both corners. Then everyone enters the show room. There are two show rooms, just like there are now. Everyone enters the tardis and instead of those dreaded seats with shoulder harnesses, everyone's standing. But the different levels are still there, and there's safety rails on the edge of each level. Everyone stands in the circular room with the center piece re-themed to look like the center of the tardis from the tv show. There's a small planetarium-style screen on the top, and a film that actually runs around the walls and floors of the room so it feels like you're flying around to different places the Doctor has been. Then it ends with the Doctor thanking everyone for coming and to exit through the doors.

View attachment 84817

Tomorrowland arcade: A new meet n' greet building featuring: The Incredibles, Buzz Lightyear, WALL-E, Big Hero 6 and Doctor Who.

Buzz Lightyear Spaceranger Spin (TRON: The Experience): We've already got a duplicate of this ride at HS. So lets replace it with a Tron themed ride! It fits in well with Tomorrowland.. And even if the movie isn't everyones favorite, that does not matter as long as the ride is VERY good! Extend the queue line through the current load in area and make the new load in area where that disco-ball room is. Guests climb onto motorcycle-like cars and the ride starts! Every room is composed of giant circular 3D screens that make you feel like you are going very fast but really you're going pretty slow. But you wouldn't tell. Think the style of DINOSAUR at AK and the cars move the direction each projection room goes. Very thrilling! :) The bike cars are more like on a robot-arm structure but can hold about 10 - 20 people.

Liberty Square -

The Haunted Mansion:
Leave it alone. It's had its upgrades!

Hall of Presidents: Left alone too.

Steamboat: It's fine.

If there was room for a new attraction, I would add America sings! From Disneyland.. But shortened and minus the revolving-theatre.

Fantasyland -

Peter Pans Flight: We've the indoor queue I would've put in here now! Now it's time for a major upgrade to this popular but outdated attraction. BRAND NEW AAs! EVERYWHERE! Complete FULL movement on the ship battle scene and when Pan and Hook fight.. Even the 5 second intro of the ride in the bedroom, Wendy stands up looking at everyone.. Tinker bell animation added throughout the ride. Ect.

It's a Small World: Meh. It is what it is. It's fine.

Mickey's Philharmagic: No major changes.. BUT I had an idea.. Similar to how you will get different experiences whenever you ride Star Tours.. Disney should add a lot more Disney movie scenes with Donald trying to get the hat! Cinderella, Steamboat Willie, Alice in Wonderland, Wreck-it Ralph, Ect... So that each time you see this there should be at least one scene you haven't seen before! That'd be awesome.

Tea Cups: Brand new mouse AA that pops out of the tea cup. Fully animated.

Winnie the Pooh: It got its upgrades and is fine the way it is.

Little Mermaid & 7DMT: They are fine.

Sword in the Stone: outside that carousel still exists that sword in the stone.. I'd bring the little Merlin show back. It just adds even more to fantasyland!

Storybook Circus

Overall view: Everything that currently exists is fine.

New dark ride attraction: This new attraction features black-and-white Mickey Mouse cartoons! Enter through a tent entrance but the inside is transformed into an old movie house! The queue line is filled with floating (literally floating effects that go up and down) projections of old Mickey Mouse shorts. Then you get on the ride. It's a fun spinny-style ride. Think of the attraction "The Cat in the Hat" from Universal (although it's been way toned down as far as spinning goes sadly) and you're on a crazy adventure to rescue Minnie Mouse from Pete. Your car spins and crashes into things and bounces and at one point maybe falls off a cliff and in the end you capture pete and rescue minnie!

EPCOT is next!
Great ideas but can Disney use Dr.Who?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Hey, Nintendo signed with Universal, maybe BBC can sign with Disney. Dr.Who is already on Disney XD

Imagine how much popularity EPCOT would have with Dr. Who featured in World Showcase.. The fan base is huge! It would actually be great competition for universal.. And it would actually fit pretty well in World Showcase. And tomorrowland.

In my opinion !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom