Anyone know of a Make a Wish type organization for adults?

cslafferty

Original Poster
I just found out my 67 yr old sister was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease a year ago and didn't tell anyone, probably because she doesn't want to admit it to herself. I have 3 sisters, and we are all incredibly close, but are not geographically close. We try to plan a sister's weekend once a year, but have missed a couple because another of my sisters was battling breast cancer (and won!). Anyway, we would like to plan a very special sisters trip, while she can still enjoy it. We have always wanted to do a sisters trip to WDW, but the cost has kept us from doing it. I was just wondering if there was an organization like Make a Wish that could help us with at least her portion of the trip. She is a widow, and just recently retired due to her failing cognitive abilities. Now that we are looking at assisted living for her in the near future, she is really on a fixed income. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mumeof3

There is the sunshine foundation that I went on a trip with one of my Peds patients but not sure if they could help out with adult,I know it is not for terminal illness but for others,Cf,Autism,Diabetics,and others they maybe able to help and they have their own village but provide rental car ,they are about 20 minutes from parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom