Il mulino
trattoria al forno
sci fi diner
Be Our Guest
Grand Floridian Café
T rex

Thankyou

KTaylor

I haven't been to all of these, but the last time we visited the world we went to 50s prime time & t-rex. We all loved both. T-Rex and Rainforest have the same concept, but we have been to Rainforest a million times and thought T-Rex would be a fun new experience and it was! I have been to Disney 20 times and everytime 50s Prime Time is a must do.

Disney4family

Biergarten - We went once in 2001. We loved the atmosphere, the band and the beer, but we didn't like the food.
50s Prime Time Café - Great pot roast. Tons of fun with the right CM playing the part perfectly. Good food.
R&C - A must-do for us. We have enjoyed Illuminations outside, but now the kids like sitting outside for lunch on a beautiful day. Great fish & chips. A pint of Harp washes it down just right.
SciFi - A must-do lunch for us. Best milkshakes ever! Campy fun.
BOG - Beautiful attention to details. Nice meal. Special atmosphere.
TRex - Fun for the kids. Pretty cool dinos. You can make your own (like build-a-bear)

lostpro9het

50s prime time: decent food, fun atmosphere and, depending on your server, a real entertaining time.

Hollywood and vine fantasia package: we did this package for the seating preference only since we were there Christmas week. Not a fan of the restaurant. We equate it to an Olive Garden. Many love it, we don't. We did enjoy having some Fantasmic seating waiting for us.

Rose and Crown: we really enjoy R&C. If possible, try to time your ADR around illuminations. We really enjoy the Fish & Chips and the Corned Beef & Cabbage.

Il mulino: IMO, one of the BEST gems of Disney dining! Complementary appetizer and after dinner drink, house made limoncello. Things we've had and loved: Insaccati Misti, Bucatini Amatriciana, and Gnocchi Bolognese.

sci fi diner: fun restaurant with a fun atmosphere, kids will love it. I personally like getting the picnic burger.

Be Our Guest: If you've never done it you need to do it at least once but make it dinner. Im about to get all sacrilegious here but BOG just ain't that good. Lunch feels more like a high school cafeteria, and smells it, where dinner is more intimate. The food is ok. The leak soup and cured meat & sausages were my favorite while the DW enjoys the French onion soup. The desserts are nothing to write home about either. But again, if you've never done it then do it but try to get a dinner ADR.

RinkaDink

We enjoyed Biergarten, I was able to try spetzle and weiner snitzel for the first time. The band was playing when we were there, so fun entertainment.
50's Primetime, hearty, homestyle food. Loved the pot roast. The servers are wise cracking, chop busters. If you're thin skinned or can't take a little fun ribbing, skip it.
Sci fi Drive in, the atmosphere is what you're there for. Fun! We had picnic burgers last trip, decadent.
Enjoy your trip!

Hockey89

Biergarten
50s prime time
California Grill
Hollywood and vine fantasia package
rainforest café
Rose and Crown
Il mulino
trattoria al forno
sci fi diner
Be Our Guest
Grand Floridian Café
T rex

Thankyou
Why don't you just look up reviews? Do you want us to review all places at Disney?

jakeman

Biergarten: Very good buffet and beer selection. Probably my favorite out of this list.
50s prime time: Food is okay. Wait staff is in character as your 1950s "mom" that really makes or breaks the experience
California Grill: I have not been since they remodeled. I've heard good things about it though.
Hollywood and vine fantasia package: The restaurant is a good buffet. The dinner package is not worth it in my opinion.
rainforest café: This is not my cup of tea. Overpriced. Average food. Very loud.
Rose and Crown: Menu is extremely limited to just stereotypical British food.
Il mulino: Italian...not much note worthy
trattoria al forno: Have not experienced
sci fi diner: Food is average, but the environment of eating in a car watch B movie trailers is great.
Be Our Guest: Have not eaten there. I can't imagine it is worth the trouble it takes to get in.
Grand Floridian Café: Haven't eaten there
T rex: Rainforest Cafe with dinosaurs.

Weather_Lady

I can only give reviews for the couple I've been to, but here are my thoughts:

Biergarten - One of my family's favorites. To get the best value, go to lunch if paying out of pocket or dinner if on the DDP, and watch for showtimes if you want to time your ADR with the band, Oktoberfest Musikanten (schedule the ADR for 30 minutes or so ahead of the show). If you enjoy German food - brats, sauerkraut, spaetzle, pretzel rolls, etc., it's terrific. There are some more typical American foods on the buffet (e.g., plain chicken, mac & cheese) for the less adventurous, although if you don't enjoy the flavors of German cuisine (think cabbage, root vegetables, hot and cold sausages, caraway, dill, vinegar) the food may not appeal to you. As for us, this is the one ADR my husband requests every time we visit! Do be aware that the tables seat 8 or more, so if you don't take up a whole table you'll be seated with another family, European-style.

50's PrimeTime -- a fun place, especially for lunch, and a good value out of pocket for classic American fare and fun retro decor, especially if you're willing to play along with your server's reminders to keep elbows off the table, etc. Ask to be seated at one of the "TV tables" and tell them you're willing to wait a little longer for one to open up, if necessary. It's well worth it.

Hollywood and Vine -- I can think of better ways to get a good seat at Fantasmic. If you have little ones who are obsessed with Disney, Jr., characters, you might consider it, but food-wise, it's far and away the worst dining experience I've ever had on Disney property. Bland food, all served tepid and either over or under-cooked in a cold and clinical cafeteria setting, and although I'm the opposite of a picky eater, I couldn't find a single thing to like. It was all-you-care-to-enjoy, yet my party of 6 couldn't wait to go and get a treat at the ice cream cart afterwards, because everyone was still hungry. :(

Be Our Guest -- Had lunch there and it was the best counter-service meal I've ever had on property, with better-quality ingredients and nicer presentation than typical counter-service. Lovely theming, efficient and fast service, with your choice of ambiance (quiet and dark in the West Wing, loud and airy in the Ballroom).

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Biergarten: Absolutely disgusting, do not go. Never hated a meal so much as we hated this
50s prime time: We usually do it once a trip. Best TS in DHS. Good comfort food and a fun atmosphere. A less expensive TS option than many.
California Grill: Have not been in a long time
Hollywood and vine fantasia package: Never done it, but IMO, dining package is not worth it.
rainforest café: Fun atmosphere, but typical fare like what you can find at home
Rose and Crown: Pretty good food, nice view, outdoor seating. A good option for a less expensive TS meal, though I think there are better TS options in Epcot
Il mulino: Have not done
trattoria al forno: I've only been for breakfast, nothing special. We stay at Boardwalk a lot.
sci fi diner: Another fun one at DHS, has significantly improved over the years. We like this one for lunch as opposed to getting QS over at DHS. Food here is MUCH better
Be Our Guest: Great atmosphere, great food, love it. Be warned: it's very difficult to get a reservation
Grand Floridian Café: Have not done in a while, but it was always good. Again, it's a slightly less expensive TS option that's still good.
T rex: Same as Rainforest

NYwdwfan

Biergarten
50s prime time
California Grill
Hollywood and vine fantasia package
rainforest café
Rose and Crown
Il mulino
trattoria al forno
sci fi diner
Be Our Guest
Grand Floridian Café
T rex

Thankyou

You will find people that both love and hate every restaurant on your list. My advice - if the menu looks interesting give it a try. We have been pleasantly surprised by many restaurants that are widely regarded as "meh" and extremely disappointed by many regarded as "stellar".

CaptainAmerica

A couple of things to consider:

Biergarten - I enjoy the food and the atmosphere but it's an EXTREMELY heavy meal that can make you feel like garbage for the rest of the day, especially if it's summer time and hot/muggy.

Rose and Crown - I wouldn't bother unless you can get a reservation at IllumiNations time, in which case I'd highly recommend it.

California Grill - My least favorite signature restaurant (though I haven't been to all of them). It's extremely noisy and busy, and people ignore the dress code much more than I've seen at other Signatures. That might not bother some people, but I expect a certain caliber of behavior when I'm paying $50 for an entree. A lot of people like Cali Grill for the MK fireworks experience, but 1) I'm not a fan of the viewing angle, 2) I know I'm going to want to watch the fireworks from Main Street during my stay at some point anyways, and 3) it feels a bit gimmicky for a restaurant of that supposed sophistication. Again, when you're spending that much on a meal, you want the reason you're there to be the MEAL.

Texas84

Biergarten - We lived in Germany and liked the food. Haven't been there recently though. The band and theming are fun.
50s prime time - Good food and fun if you can take a joke.
Hollywood and vine fantasia package - Food was average. All the dancing and singing was annoying.
rainforest café - Very loud, good theming. A lot of us here don't like the food but I love it. Large portions.
Rose and Crown - Eh, it was OK. I'm content with the counter fish & chips
sci fi diner - Love it. Food is good, not great but the theming makes up for it.
Be Our Guest - Love it. It's a must see.
T rex - see Rainforest

(edit: I got H&V mixed up with ABC. Don't go to ABC.)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Biergarten - have enjoyed it every time
50s prime time - love it, it's a must do every trip
California Grill - love it here - always a great meal
Hollywood and vine fantasia package - haven't done this one yet
rainforest café - breakfast at the AK location has always been excellent
Rose and Crown - love it, it's a must do every trip
Il mulino - haven't done this one yet
trattoria al forno - haven't done this one yet
sci fi diner - will be our first visit this upcoming trip
Be Our Guest - love this one as well - always an excellent meal for us
Grand Floridian Café - been a few times and have always enjoyed it for breakfast
T rex - haven't done this one yet

materbuddy

I have only ben to a few so here it goes.
50's- It is great. Always have a great meal and fun atmosphere.
Rainforest- Good food and service for a chain restaurant
Rose and Crown- Very Good
Be Our Guest- Lunch is terrible, but dinner was really good. Love the steak
T-Rex- Terrible food, way too loud especially during meteor storm.

EvilQueen-T

I haven't been to all the places on your list but for the one's I have been here's what I thought...

50s prime time: Can be really fun if you get a good server. Food is ok but imo nothing spectacular. It's a good choice with picky eaters. It's an easy place to go with a group that doesn't mind things getting loud, doesn't mind interacting and playing with others. For instance, my granddaughter and I were there for lunch for my birthday so they had "my cousins" from a few tables over come sing me happy birthday.

California Grill: Love this place and imo is a must do at least once...with that said if you have kids who can't sit without getting up/down or standing on the seat of a booth kind of thing then I'd wait until they were a little older. It's a slower paced meal as you'd expect. When we've gone it's usually an hour and a half to two hours. Can be a little noisy if you're going for a romantic evening but catching the fireworks from their deck is something I'm glad I've done. We've had good meals there before and after the refurb, only once had bad service.

rainforest café: this is exactly the same as Trex just with different decor. If you just love going to places like Applebee's or TGI Friday's then this is the place for you.

sci fi diner: the setting is fun and super kid friendly. I know a lot of people love the food but for me it's just ok.

Be Our Guest: imo if you want to feel like you've literally stepped into a disney movie then this is the place for you. I think it's the best on property for that. The food and service for us at both lunch and dinner service has been inconsistent. For the atmosphere it's a must do at least once imo.

Grand Floridian Café: We've done lunch and dinner here before. I thought the food was good, service a bit slower than you'd expect from the size of the dining room and the type of meal. I don't mind a slow paced dinner but not for a lunch where it's sandwiches and salads kind of thing. I like their food well enough that I'd eat there again but it's not the sort of place I'd go out of my way to get to.

seahawk7

I haven't gone to every restaurant on your list but we did go every year to:

Biergarten- great entertainment, food selections ( and I'm vegetarian) a must for the whole family
Rainforest Cafe - my son's favorite. Not the best food but kids like it. TREX has better salads.
Rose and Crown - my daughter's favorite. I love their curry.
Be Our Guest--best French Onion soup! A nice restful lunch once you get settled and great ambiance.
TREX- worth trying at least once. I had one of the best salads at WDW there. I like the Build a Dinosaur there.

We did not like SCI FI Diner because the service is consistently slow. It has a cool theme but when your meal takes two hours and you are stuck watching a short loop of B movies in WDW air conditioning you wonder why you are being punished. It really was that bad our first time. We tried it three more times because we really wanted to drink the Sci Fi kool-aid,once for the Star Wars themed breakfast, and only once did we have mediocre service. Otherwise it was awful.

Gaston's gal

50's Prime Time was good and a fun atmosphere when we went. Rainforest and T-Rex are okay, but you are paying for atmosphere, not food. Have fun on your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom