Thinking of Short Trip for MNSSH, thoughts?

COrunner

After our trip in January our daughter loves to keep talking about how much fun she had, but more importantly all the things we need to do to get ready for halloween (her favorite holiday).

She wants ghosts, 'jumping guys' and spiders after touring the HM and my wife mentioned that maybe we should do a second trip this year and go to Mickey's Halloween.

After thinking about it, checking some flights I think we may go for it but wanted to put some thoughts out for some other members who may be more in the know:

1. We are thinking of trying out the David's Vacation Club for the first time (we usually book everything through Disney). The prices for the Bay Lake Towers and GF seem really good but would they be available within 7 months?

2. If we do the DVC rental route would we still get to use DME?

3. The biggest expense looks like tickets so we were thinking of trying Undercover Tourist, do they mail physical ticket cards that we would upload to our bands?

4. I know that the MNSSH tickets go on sale in May but is it a big concern that our date at the end of September would sellout?

Disney4family

We did a quick trip one September for MNSSHP and loved it. It was more fun for all of us than MVMCP. I'm not sure about the rental or ticket issues (sorry), but it can tell you from experience that the trip itself is worth it. You'll have a blast! I hope someone here can help you so you can figure it all out and go!

Upvote 0

COrunner

Original Poster
We did a quick trip one September for MNSSHP and loved it. It was more fun for all of us than MVMCP. I'm not sure about the rental or ticket issues (sorry), but it can tell you from experience that the trip itself is worth it. You'll have a blast! I hope someone here can help you so you can figure it all out and go!

What did the halloween party tickets cost? Our daughter is 4 so keeping her going won't be a problem and everyone who has said the event was worth it!

Upvote 0

Mukta

1. We are thinking of trying out the David's Vacation Club for the first time (we usually book everything through Disney). The prices for the Bay Lake Towers and GF seem really good but would they be available within 7 months? Maybe. Early September can be slower than later. If you go by the time the F&W festival has started, the DVS spots might be booked up.

2. If we do the DVC rental route would we still get to use DME? Yes

3. The biggest expense looks like tickets so we were thinking of trying Undercover Tourist, do they mail physical ticket cards that we would upload to our bands? Yes. I have used them a lot lately for my WDW and Universal tickets. They are quick and reliable.

4. I know that the MNSSH tickets go on sale in May but is it a big concern that our date at the end of September would sellout? It depends on your date. Weeknights are often less crowded and most nights in September don't sell out until late August, so you have some time.

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

1. We are thinking of trying out the David's Vacation Club for the first time (we usually book everything through Disney). The prices for the Bay Lake Towers and GF seem really good but would they be available within 7 months? Maybe. Early September can be slower than later. If you go by the time the F&W festival has started, the DVS spots might be booked up.

2. If we do the DVC rental route would we still get to use DME? Yes

3. The biggest expense looks like tickets so we were thinking of trying Undercover Tourist, do they mail physical ticket cards that we would upload to our bands? Yes. I have used them a lot lately for my WDW and Universal tickets. They are quick and reliable.

4. I know that the MNSSH tickets go on sale in May but is it a big concern that our date at the end of September would sellout? It depends on your date. Weeknights are often less crowded and most nights in September don't sell out until late August, so you have some time.

I agree with all of this. To add onto #1, there is more than just David's out there to rent points. Different companies have different clients to pull points from. Last year we tried to go through the DVCRentalStore and they couldn't help us, we went with another recommended rental company and got exactly what we wanted and it was CHEAPER!!! So shop around a little bit. Loyalty to one is good, but more money in your pocket is better.

To add, if you're looking at going when F&W is going on, good luck. Last year, when we tried getting our reservation(s), The end of September through New Years was completely booked (and that was with pretty much ALL the DVC renters..).

Upvote 0

COrunner

Original Poster
I agree with all of this. To add onto #1, there is more than just David's out there to rent points. Different companies have different clients to pull points from. Last year we tried to go through the DVCRentalStore and they couldn't help us, we went with another recommended rental company and got exactly what we wanted and it was CHEAPER!!! So shop around a little bit. Loyalty to one is good, but more money in your pocket is better.

To add, if you're looking at going when F&W is going on, good luck. Last year, when we tried getting our reservation(s), The end of September through New Years was completely booked (and that was with pretty much ALL the DVC renters..).

Thanks!

I just checked and the initial dates we were looking at were first weekend of F&W so it might be better to try prior to that. Hopefully less crowded too!

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Thanks!

I just checked and the initial dates we were looking at were first weekend of F&W so it might be better to try prior to that. Hopefully less crowded too!

Yeah, our rental person told us that it's very deceptive when you look at the calendars. F&W along with the MNSSHP make for limited rental availability, even at 7 and 11 months out.. From the start of F&W through New Years is NOT a slow season by any means, even though you may find a some times where yes, you are standing alone in an area of a park...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom