Indiana Jones Adventure - The Temple's 20th Anniversary

Mike S

I did order a shirt last night, as it looks great.

It was something i remember looking around for when i visited Disneyland in September of 2013.
My first *Baxterland* themed visit ( see related thread in this Forum ) and i SO wanted a *Indiana Jones Adventure* specific shirt.
I liked a few of the Indy generic film related shirts they had at the Outpost, but there was nothing Attraction specific.
The designs i found online elsewhere just did*nt strike my fancy.

Then YOU came along and told me about the recent Limited Edition release.
Everything i was looking for in a IJA shirt..collage of images, Attraction scenes, Harrison Ford....and even the preferred fabric color !
Perfect.

So thanks again for bringing that to my attention the other night.
Much appreciated.

A nice souvenir of a great couple of days, celebrating with everyone here *virtually*....and elsewhere.

:)
Those shirts are also sold by the stunt show in DHS so they're not even resort specific. I was so disappointed that they had nothing unique but now it's all good :)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Those shirts are also sold by the stunt show in DHS so they're not even resort specific. I was so disappointed that they had nothing unique but now it's all good :)

Indeed.
The little shop at DHS next to the *Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular* had a nice selection of film-based shirts last time i visited and had a look around.
But as you noted, nothing Attraction or even ( in this case ) WDW specific.

I find it interesting that the Disney Store has been testing out Attraction-specific shirt designs for the last year or so.
American Adventure, Maelstrom, Horizons Anniversary, JII X-mas themed shirt, etc.
They will not commit to just printing up a bunch and then selling them outright via retail in the Parks.
Only once the online ordering Limited Time Offer window is expired are the shirts actually printed up to order.
Almost like they are just testing the waters to see if this type of merchandise is actually of interest to people and will make a decent return.

Last edited:

cheezbat

Haha. Won't happen, sadly. This project was WELL over budget. It cost way too much, hence why we don't have it in California.
Yeah wont happen. Oh well.

That's okay. I'll just take a clone of the Indiana Jones Adventure from DL and I'll be happy.

George Lucas on a Bench

I wouldn't order the shirt because it's one of those crappy Hanes ones, which I despise. It's interesting they put two images of Harrison Ford as Indy on it, despite the fact that he doesn't portray the character in the ride.

Mike S

I wouldn't order the shirt because it's one of those crappy Hanes ones, which I despise. It's interesting they put two images of Harrison Ford as Indy on it, despite the fact that he doesn't portray the character in the ride.
I have the Maelstrom shirt and it's also Hanes but it feels fine. What exactly do you find wrong with it?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I find the Hanes branded shirts hold up well.
Use them sometimes when i paint my own designs occasionally and they have lasted.
It was good they showed the shirt tag in the example photo for the Indy 20th tee because i would have otherwise assumed it was the thin, inexpensively made ( and after a few wears, disposable ) type of t-shirt.
The tag made the *sale* for me after at first liking the design and colors.

When the shirt eventually arrives i may return here to post further comments on it regarding my thoughts on it*s quality rating.

In the meantime, how about that Harrison Ford...
Talk about a climatic way to close out the two-day IJA 20th Anniversary celebration..in true Indiana Jones fashion.
Would have been horrible if he had been seriously or permanently injured -

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/05/entertainment/harrison-ford-plane-crash/

Figments Friend

Original Poster
A few more images of some print ads from my collection to keep the party going -

The first, a simple but effective magazine ad from early 1996.
*Ride It Now* !
Yes, please.....

Here is one that was common at the time (1995 and 1996 ) in Disney Magazine where even the Disneyland Hotel promoted the Attraction to entice Temple explorers to stay a while...

This last one, although not directly related to promoting the Attraction, is worth sharing.
A full page ad promoting the joys of California and Disneyland with eye catching, brightly colored mid-90s graphics!

Perhaps that last ad shown above will entice folks reading here to make a trip out to Southern California and
see Disneyland today for themselves if they were thinking about it.

;)

Mike S

Just got my 20th anniversary shirt. It's very nice :)
image.jpg

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yes it is!
My shirt arrived yesterday and looks great.
Very pleased the design is indeed ink-screen printed on and not a iron-on type of application.
Those always flex and crack after a few wearings and washings.
This printed image should last a while.

The only aspect i found a little lacking was the thin quality of the shirt fabric itself.
Hanes branded tees, in my past experiences, have usually been thick cotton.
This special IJA 20th shirt is on a thinner cotton shirt then i was expecting.
The positive to this however is that it is quite comfy to wear.
Will be a good shirt to wear while trekking the hot jungles of Adventureland looking for lost temples.

So I like it quite a bit.
Glad i was able to get one that week ( thanks, Mike! )...a week that turned into something quite memorable in the end ( thank you, Tim! )

:)

lego606

MagicBandit
When i rode in September, the doors open and closed for each Transport.
So at that time, yes, they were blocking your view of how the room changes.

Someone here who has been on the Attraction more recently can tell us what the current status is.

Currently broken, but should be fixed soon

George Lucas on a Bench

If I had known the shirt would be thin, I might have ordered it. I expected it would be those crummy stiff Hanes Beefy shirts. I already have a few of those style with great designs from DL: two Haunted Mansions and a Raiders of the Lost Ark poster. I don't even wear them to bed because they are so uncomfortable.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yeah, the IJA 20th Shirt is indeed comfy.
If i knew it was the thin style, i probably would have ordered a size larger...or maybe even bought two.
It is a handsome shirt, and very comfy.
I have a feeling this will be worn a LOT....

This was my first experience ordering one of the Disney Store online exclusive tees.
Now i know what to expect quality wise in the future.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Currently broken, but should be fixed soon

Let us hope that the upcoming refurb addresses this.

I would think with everything getting spruced up for the Diamond Anniversary this year, the Attraction would be getting some attention.
Fixing the current and seemingly ongoing issues would be a nice plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom