Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

JasonDeyoung

I got registered yesterday right at noon and was sold out when I went to look at the % a few minutes later ️haha anyways very excited as this will be my first 1/2 marathon! I did the 10k in January and felt great after so this will be a good challenge :) just got Everest in May then on to W&D ;)

JasonDeyoung

Agreed, just be ready right when it opens up, not 15 minutes later because they now have a virtual queue so the faster you get in line the faster you can register. Also if both you and your husband want to run you have to sign up individually so you should both be trying to register if that is possible for you.
I've always done the AP early registration so never have seen this "virtual que" but this is I think the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard something about it... Is it actual better at registration time or is this make it worst I wonder

Figment82

I'm in for year 6! I couldn't believe how fast pre-registration filled, considering there's no challenge associated with the weekend. But it's understandable if they only allowed such a small number.

I was pleased to see the link was posted early with the debacle that was DL's. I was able to get both registrations done before 12. Honestly, it feels like signing up for the races nowadays is more stressful than the actual event...

JasonDeyoung

I'm in for year 6! I couldn't believe how fast pre-registration filled, considering there's no challenge associated with the weekend. But it's understandable if they only allowed such a small number.

I was pleased to see the link was posted early with the debacle that was DL's. I was able to get both registrations done before 12. Honestly, it feels like signing up for the races nowadays is more stressful than the actual event...
Isn't that the truth! Just said the same thing in another post lol

belle717

I've always done the AP early registration so never have seen this "virtual que" but this is I think the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard something about it... Is it actual better at registration time or is this make it worst I wonder

It seemed to work well enough for the Disneyland half. I was ready to go right when the second hand hit 12, but the site went down anyway. When I finally got it to load, it transferred me to active and there was a message along the lines of, "Wait time: 7 minutes. There are over 100 people ahead of you." Once it was my turn, I had 20 minutes to complete registration, which was quite generous, and that was pretty much it. In past years, I've read about people getting to the registration page but then finding out the race sold out before they finished registering, which was something I get worried about. But the fact that I had 20 minutes to complete my registration once I started assuaged that concern a little bit.

I'm not sure what happens if it sells out while you're in the queue, or if the system even lets you go to the registration page if it sells out while you're waiting.

Hopefully this helps someone who's registering for Wine & Dine who hasn't experienced this registration system yet.

JasonDeyoung

It seemed to work well enough for the Disneyland half. I was ready to go right when the second hand hit 12, but the site went down anyway. When I finally got it to load, it transferred me to active and there was a message along the lines of, "Wait time: 7 minutes. There are over 100 people ahead of you." Once it was my turn, I had 20 minutes to complete registration, which was quite generous, and that was pretty much it. In past years, I've read about people getting to the registration page but then finding out the race sold out before they finished registering, which was something I get worried about. But the fact that I had 20 minutes to complete my registration once I started assuaged that concern a little bit.

I'm not sure what happens if it sells out while you're in the queue, or if the system even lets you go to the registration page if it sells out while you're waiting.

Hopefully this helps someone who's registering for Wine & Dine who hasn't experienced this registration system yet.
Huh that does sound interesting! I'm glad I don't have to experience it lol. You'd think once the "que" fills it stops letting ppl in?

WDWoptmist

My gf was trying to do pre-registration and got in fine but while she was registering it sold out so yes you have 20 minutes but you should still type fast! :)

RiceCrispyMickey

eek thanks for all the info guys, I now have some idea of what to expect. Me and the hubby will be sat on our computers refreshing the screen from like 11:30 (which is 4:30pm over here), have taken the day off ready lol!!

surfsupdon

According to this the race will go through the Osborne lights again. Did't we think last year was the final year for Osborne due to the rumored construction? If there is not going to be construction then why was the ToT 10 miler canceled?

http://www.rundisney.com/blog/artic...11-15/?CMP=SOC-ESPNWWOSFY15Q1DisneySports0063

I, too, was curious if W&D would be running through HS, as a lot of the course takes place inside that park AND on the backlot area. Yet Tower was canceled for basically following the same path through the Studios. Right?

surfsupdon

I originally thought it was cancelled more for the afterparty logistics, than for the race course itself. It would be neat if we get a surprise announcement for a different race to fit in its place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom