Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirari

hi,

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I read the first 5 pages but don't have the courage to read all the rest.

My Boyfriend and I are attending to our first cruise on the Dream in November. It is a 4 nights bahamas cruise.
-For Nassau, we plan to take our excursion directly from Atlantis. Can you confirm me that there is no problem about doing that at the moment we are back to the ship before the departure time?
-we would like to dine at Remy, but as it's our first cruise, we don't want to miss one of the 3 others dinner restaurants. I was planning to make a reservation for the last night, do you think it is a good idea, or should I take the risk to wait to be on the ship to make a booking?

sissa216

Hi @kirari !

Yes, you're not required to book the excursions directly through Disney, provided you're back on time.

Have you thought of doing the Remy champagne brunch? It is offered during your day at sea, and also now while you're in Nassau (although that won't work for you if you're not staying on the ship). Being 4 nights, you will repeat one of the restaurants for dinner- but you could consider brunch if you preferred to still go to all 4 of your dinners!

kirari

thank you for your answer.

I was thinking that the Remy champagne brunch was only offered on longer cruise, so that's a good news. I will ask my boyfriend what he prefers. For my part, I think I would preferred to have the dinner on the last night as a good conclusion, but I don't know if the restaurant turning will be day 1/2/3 or 2/3/4, that why I am a bit anxious about that.

sissa216

They've only recently started offering it on the shorter cruises! It became available as part of a test in November, but it's still available for this spring so far.

Oh! And you'll have dinner all 4 nights- you'll just repeat a restaurant.

Last edited:

EOD K9

I would book Remy on Pirate night. Which is usually the third night on a 5 day cruise. The Pirate Fare is the same in all of the MDRs. You won't miss anything as you will have the same restaurant that you would be in on the next night. Also, if it is AP you will not miss the show as they will have it for you on your last night of the cruise. We are taking a 4 night cruise soon with the in-laws and I booked Palo on PN for just that reason. We won't miss anything.

mammaminnie

I really like doing Palo or Remy on Pirate Night as well. Especially when I am not cruising with my kids. We usually try for a 6-7pm reservation to ensure we are done in time to enjoy the fireworks (especially at Remy where dinner is longer).

heatherkatheleen

It doesn't book as fast as Palo brunch, but it will usually fill up. I'd say guests booking at 120 and 105 would be in no rush at all. 90 maybe a little, and for 75 I'd get up early. :)
Thanks Tammy! I decided not to hassle myself and booked around 11am, and there were plenty of times available :)

kirari

I would book Remy on Pirate night. Which is usually the third night on a 5 day cruise. The Pirate Fare is the same in all of the MDRs. You won't miss anything as you will have the same restaurant that you would be in on the next night. Also, if it is AP you will not miss the show as they will have it for you on your last night of the cruise. We are taking a 4 night cruise soon with the in-laws and I booked Palo on PN for just that reason. We won't miss anything.

I really like doing Palo or Remy on Pirate Night as well. Especially when I am not cruising with my kids. We usually try for a 6-7pm reservation to ensure we are done in time to enjoy the fireworks (especially at Remy where dinner is longer).

Thank you both of you. I will follow your advice and book Remy on the pirate night (it's the second night of the cruise, no?). My BF really want the dinner and is not interested in the brunch so we will go for it, trying to have a 6pm reservation. As It is our first cruise, we can only make a reservation 75 days before, do you think it will be allright?

Another question. Actually, we took the DCL to celebrate our 4th couple birthday (the official date is December 3th but anyway). I was wondering if we can add that it is our anniversary, even if we are not married yet (hope I'll have a wonderful proposal during this vacation :inlove:).

sissa216

Thank you both of you. I will follow your advice and book Remy on the pirate night (it's the second night of the cruise, no?). My BF really want the dinner and is not interested in the brunch so we will go for it, trying to have a 6pm reservation. As It is our first cruise, we can only make a reservation 75 days before, do you think it will be allright?

Another question. Actually, we took the DCL to celebrate our 4th couple birthday (the official date is December 3th but anyway). I was wondering if we can add that it is our anniversary, even if we are not married yet (hope I'll have a wonderful proposal during this vacation :inlove:).

Definitely!! Disney loves celebrations and to help make your trip special. Go ahead and add it! Congrats and good luck :)

kirari

Ok then :), I'll send them an e-mail.
We just didn't want to make any mistake as we are not married and the translation of anniversary in French referred only to married couple.

EOD K9

We just didn't want to make any mistake as we are not married and the translation of anniversary in French referred only to married couple.
Problem is, when we say Joyeux Anniversaire, people think its is Happy Anniversary as opposed to Birthday.

sissa216

It's ok! Many people like to celebrate all types of anniversaries- or even celebrate any special occasion beyond a birthday or anniversary. It's your special trip so go ahead and add any celebration you want!

kirari

Problem is, when we say Joyeux Anniversaire, people think its is Happy Anniversary as opposed to Birthday.

Exactly the same in french, so it is disturbing sometimes.

It's ok! Many people like to celebrate all types of anniversaries- or even celebrate any special occasion beyond a birthday or anniversary. It's your special trip so go ahead and add any celebration you want!

We add an email back this morning and they said exactly the same as you and are so enthusiastic. I think we'll have great moment during this cruise :).

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Any word on which ports and when. We're considering an eastern Med with Greece and Turkey.

Right now it's showing up in Rome (Civitavecchia) and only in August and September. I'm guessing that means Med cruises in the late summer with other plans for the beginning of the summer. Possibly the Baltic/Norway again.

The Greece/Turkey cruise was one of our favorites and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again, but there's no solid info yet.

Ralphlaw

We did Barcelona to Venice last year, and doing London to St.Petersburg and back this year. Eastern Med would be amazing for 2016, but we'll see what's being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom