Survivor: Worlds Apart

seahawk7

Finally got to watch the episode! I'll just say that I'm loving it a butt load more then last year's premier. Here's my favorites:

Favorites: Carolyn, Jenn, Max, Joe, Mike, Tyler, Will

Meh: Hali, Kelly, Lindsay, Nina, Shirin, Rodney, Sierra

Dis-likes: Dan (He needs to shut his mouth and play the game), Joaquin, So, Vince

My pick for final 5 is...

Joe, Jenn, Tyler, Max and Shirin -- (Went out on a limb with Shirin just because she's a fan) ;):D
Pretty much my thoughts. I hope Joe goes far.

seahawk7

Michael-Scott-Quote-The-Office-Collar-blind.png

For @JenniferS

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Another great episode. I'll save my thoughts for tomorrow in case anyone is using the live feed and hasn't watched yet.
Okay, it's tomorrow ....
I am so sorry my man, Will, did not pull the trigger to get rid of Jenn.
A) I think that move will hurt him - he is the fourth guy in the Pretty People Alliance
B) I don't like Jenn
C) There was easily room for another week or two of Vincent's koo koo for coconuts act

If you have cottage cheese butt, you really should not be stripping down ... and seriously, what woman takes off her knickers, but leaves her top on?

There was a little too much tea and talking in my living room last night, so I will need to watch it again on the weekend to pick up what I missed.

PUSH

My opinions of people have pretty much stayed the same. I'm still on the Max, Tyler, Carolyn, Shirin bandwagon. I still dislike Dan, and Mike has been added to that list now. He needs to loosen up a bit. It looks like he just gets worse next week. He seems like one of those people who has to live his way and anyone who doesn't live the same way he'll just lose it at.

Now on the the No Collars. I was so afraid Jenn was going home. I really like the alliance of her, Joe and Hali. Will probably made a terrible decision for himself, but he kept Jenn and Joe in - both my favorites from the No Collars. Nina probably should have been the one to go, though, because she isn't as strong as Vince in challenges. But Vince was a bomb waiting to be set off. If he would have thought he was in real trouble, he would have pulled something. While I'm probably missing some good TV from the vote, I'm glad Vince is gone.

And just a side comment, I think Tyler and Max could both go far, but I think they could become huge enemies in the end. They both are trying to make themselves seem dumber than they are, but they're both very intelligent with this game. My only concern is with Max; he might let his intense fandom get in the way.

GenerationX

I'm not sure why the majority alliance in the No Collar tribe decided to split their vote. If the Idol was played, the next highest vote getter, Jenn, would have gone with two votes. Well, I guess I wasn't expecting that tribe to be loaded with geniuses, anyway. I was glad to see crazy eyes go, because he was just too creepy and controlling. Glad to see Jenn stay, because she's kinda hot.

Will and the naked guy with the beard are pretty funny. Like them.

I don't have anyone on the blue collar tribe I really like, though I'm definitely not fond of "I crapped my pants and made up this really long specific story about a wave washing my underwear to sea" guy.

Lots of conflict already, which is a good sign for this season ...

PUSH

I'm not sure why the majority alliance in the No Collar tribe decided to split their vote. If the Idol was played, the next highest vote getter, Jenn, would have gone with two votes. Well, I guess I wasn't expecting that tribe to be loaded with geniuses, anyway. I was glad to see crazy eyes go, because he was just too creepy and controlling. Glad to see Jenn stay, because she's kinda hot.

Will and the naked guy with the beard are pretty funny. Like them.

I don't have anyone on the blue collar tribe I really like, though I'm definitely not fond of "I crapped my pants and made up this really long specific story about a wave washing my underwear to sea" guy.

Lots of conflict already, which is a good sign for this season ...
If they split the votes it would have been 2 votes Vince, 2 votes Nina, 2 votes Jenn. Then it would have gone to the tiebreaker where Will, Joe ad Hali would vote again for one of them. All of the votes would have gone to Nina, according to their plan. Isn't this how it always is, or am I thinking wrong?

GenerationX

If they split the votes it would have been 2 votes Vince, 2 votes Nina, 2 votes Jenn. Then it would have gone to the tiebreaker where Will, Joe ad Hali would vote again for one of them. All of the votes would have gone to Nina, according to their plan. Isn't this how it always is, or am I thinking wrong?
That is how it would've worked in a normal split vote scenario.

What ended up happening was three voted for Vince and only one voted for Nina. If Vince had had the idol and played it, Jenn would've gone bye-bye.

PUSH

That is how it would've worked in a normal split vote scenario.

What ended up happening was three voted for Vince and only one voted for Nina. If Vince had had the idol and played it, Jenn would've gone bye-bye.
But Jenn, Joe and Hali thought Will was going to vote for Nina instead. From the edits we saw, Will never told the others he was going to vote for Vince instead. So the plan to split the vote wasn't that stupid, although I think it was a dumb move this early on when alliances aren't established. But the plan would have worked had Will actually stuck to it.

seahawk7

Okay, it's tomorrow ....
I am so sorry my man, Will, did not pull the trigger to get rid of Jenn.
A) I think that move will hurt him - he is the fourth guy in the Pretty People Alliance
B) I don't like Jenn
C) There was easily room for another week or two of Vincent's koo koo for coconuts act

If you have cottage cheese butt, you really should not be stripping down ... and seriously, what woman takes off her knickers, but leaves her top on?

There was a little too much tea and talking in my living room last night, so I will need to watch it again on the weekend to pick up what I missed.
Your a, b, and c are my thoughts exactly. I initially liked Joe but I'm now on the fence about him. For some reason I'm having a hard time remembering anyone from the blue collar tribe, they just kind of blend together.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Do not like:
Jenn - No Collar
Lindsey - Blue Collar
Joaquin - White Collar

I mean, really, really do not like.

Runner up - Rodney - Blue Collar

Still shaking my head over tonight's episode. No spoilers ... but what the heck were they thinking?

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Do not like:
Jenn - No Collar
Lindsey - Blue Collar
Joaquin - White Collar

Still shaking my head over tonight's episode. No spoilers ... but what the heck were they thinking?
How so? In the challenge or vote?

I personally think in the vote they made the right decision. I think the one thing we seem to forget when analyzing the show is that having a positive camp atmosphere really has a big affect on how you play the game and how you preform on challenges.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Do not like:
Jenn - No Collar
Lindsey - Blue Collar
Joaquin - White Collar

I like jenn, at least i want to. She seems like she can be a good player, but is starting to take a villain turn. Despite that, I still really like joe/Hali.

Mike I really thought was going to come. Off terribly this episode, but I found him to be the voice of reason actually. Dan is still a mess.

I don't think we have gotten anything from sierra/kelly. Those are the only two I find to be non entities right now.

I hope blue collar loses the next challenge simply to a) get to know them all more and b) make all of the tribes roughly equal in count.

Lastly, for white collar, I actually like them all simply because I'm intrigued by the strategy of it all, as well as big characters.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
How so? In the challenge or vote?

I personally think in the vote they made the right decision. I think the one thing we seem to forget when analyzing the show is that having a positive camp atmosphere really has a big affect on how you play the game and how you preform on challenges.
I don't like their personalities.
I wanted Jenn out last week. Think Will made a terrible decision voting out Vince.
Lindsey is just mean.
Joaquin is the most pompous player out there.

And Rodney? The best player to ever come out of Boston? Ummmmm ... NO! Delusional much?

And referencing a different post of yours - there's a Sierra and a Kelly? Maybe they need to take of their knickers (a la Shirine) to get some camera time.

And Shirine ... BAT-SHIP CRAZY. Who watches monkeys doing it? And then TELLS about it? Weird. Just weird.

SAV

I am still not feeling it this season. I guess it's because it is still early in the game. With the 3 tribes, it's hard to get to know anyone because camera time is so limited. I do hope they do a full tribe shuffle and not just fold the No Collar into the other 2 tribes since they are bound to lose every Immunity challenge in the near future.

The Boston guy is starting to annoy me. Don't know much about the Blue Collar tribe, but fireworks will fly if they ever do have to go to tribal. They are very unhappy/dysfunctional for not losing a thing and not having to have any drama at camp.

And every time I look at Mike and hear him, I see the actor Michael Madsen who was in Donnie Brasco and other Mob movies.
MV5BMTI4ODA5NzY2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjc3NTI1._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I disagree with you about getting to know everybody. I find it easier to get to know everyone because they are grouped more, but with crowded two tribes some people get lost behind some of the bigger characters. There's less room to hide in six person tribes.

Not to mention, not having a reward challenge here in the early going helps to have more camp time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom