What did you do?

imagination30

took a break to rest my leg . , but im back at it.. - 3.50 on the sweat box bringing my total miles so far to75.88 ,
I would like to break 100 before my half marathons in april!.....

JillC LI

Well I finally have a definitive answer as to what is wrong with me. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. For those of you, like me, who don't really know what that is, it is completely different from osteoarthritis which is when you wear out the cartilege in a joint and have pain from bone rubbing against bone. RA is an autoimmune disease in which your body attacks its own healthy tissue, in this case, the membranes surrounding the joints. When it is active, it moves around the body from day to day, and that is why I have been having pain all over the place. RA affects less than 1% of the population. Now that I know what I'm dealing with, I can try to treat it. There is no cure, and I will have it for the rest of my life, but if I am lucky, I will be able to find some combination of meds that will put it into remission so I spend more time pain-free than I do in this painful flare-up stage. But that is probably going to take months to figure out. In the meantime, if I am in pain, I cannot run as it will aggravate the inflammation in my joints. But if I get myself into remission, I can resume all activities including running. I am desparate for that time to come. It's been 3 weeks since my last run which is the longest I've gone in ten years. So bummed. :(

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - oh no! :( It is good that you know what it is and can start working on fixing it but I know RA is tough, I have a friend who has had it since childhood (JRA) and those flare ups are no fun. She can live relatively pain free for the most part. Hope the doctors can fix you up soon.

Sunday - 4.5 morning miles before the snow, ran in the park along the river near my house and it was lovely heading north but caught a stiff headwind on the way back south.

Monday - 1 hour of strength focusing on legs and abs (though I am trying to make some progress on my wimpy upper body as well)

Today - 5 miles. I didn't want to run but I convinced myself to go for a half hour since more snow is coming this afternoon. Legs and core were definitely sore from yesterday but I felt good enough to extend for some extra miles. Some sidewalks and paths that were clear on Sunday were literally sheets of ice today so my pace was slow but hooray for not falling!

The rest of the week - looks like Mother Nature is fighting my plan to get back to running 5-6 days a week with this March snow. Very glad I didn't sign up for the NYC half in two weeks, training this winter would have been tough.

Texas84

I've sold my house and I'm moving this week so I'm kind of a mess. I ran Tuesday morning in shorts and I had the cold weather gear back on this morning. Staying with family until the new place is ready. Did 3 miles this morning in an unfamiliar area and stepped in a hole about mile one but was able to finish. My left foot hurts but not real bad. I think it will be OK.

JillC LI

I've sold my house and I'm moving this week so I'm kind of a mess. I ran Tuesday morning in shorts and I had the cold weather gear back on this morning. Staying with family until the new place is ready. Did 3 miles this morning in an unfamiliar area and stepped in a hole about mile one but was able to finish. My left foot hurts but not real bad. I think it will be OK.

You're not in the Dallas area are you? DH and I are talking about a long-term plan to move there in 4 years when our youngest leaves for college.
Ugh about the hole. Hope you're ok.
And yes, our trip to Europe is definitely something I am looking forward to!

Texas84

You're not in the Dallas area are you? DH and I are talking about a long-term plan to move there in 4 years when our youngest leaves for college.
Ugh about the hole. Hope you're ok.
And yes, our trip to Europe is definitely something I am looking forward to!

Misplaced Texan living in Georgia. Just 6 hours from WDW!

Kristia

After a week of horrible weather, I was finally able to get out and do 3 miles today. Hoping to get in a 5 miler tomorrow.
@JillC LI What?! You are leaving the Northeast? You don't like this wonderful, beautiful weather we have been having? :cold: It is going to be a long drive to Hershey! ;) :p

Texas84

Meant to do 6 this morning but forgot water so just did 4. I'm a bit tired from moving yesterday so that was enough. Excuses. Foot was no problem. 33F and sunny, no wind.

Still trying to decide between Goofy and Dopey.

dreamfinder

Been fighting off whatever my DS had and passed to my DW who then nicely shared it with me. So only a 5k Sat & Sun, 1.5i, 8p each day. Hearing raspiness when breathing is kinda Darth Vaderish. Today was 1@1.5i,7:30p and then bike.

JillC LI

@JillC LI What?! You are leaving the Northeast? You don't like this wonderful, beautiful weather we have been having? :cold: It is going to be a long drive to Hershey! ;) :p

This made me laugh this morning. Thanks, I needed that today!

Really? I thought the long term plans of everyone on these boards was to move to Orlando. :p

And another laugh to start my day. You guys are great.

No workouts for me this weekend, I'm afraid. Walking the dog (more like hobbling) was about it for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom