The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

You just gotta have purple, green and gold for Mardi Gras. They do sound and look similar. There must be some common origin.
probably.. the type of bread came from spain.. perhaps inmigrants took it to the US (new orleans) and Mexico, then they expanded and evolved according to the local cuisine and ingredients.

Being to totally ignorant on the full history I'm going to guess the origin being the Spanish. I could very well be wrong but both settled through both places no?

bingo!

Cesar R M

The only problem I have with a lot of food in New Orleans is that it's too spicy. My family thinks I'm crazy because they all love spicy food.

Even though we've moved our local television station affiliates are still New Orleans and I find the amount of crime reported on the news every night unreal. That said, I do feel safe just visiting New Orleans but I wouldn't want to live there again.
Remember that the news wants to make it the most shocking to keep people scared and hooked to the TV.

newschannels have devolved to Tabloids type reporting lately :/

Cesar R M

My preferred start date is Monday and the company said they would email me where to go and everything and they haven't done it yet and I'm freaking out just a little bit even though it's only Wednesday.
I dont think you should panic.. by friday you have all the time to panic!!!! :hilarious:

Eric1955

I work with a gal who grew up there and she echos your sentiments. The place where she used to live and would take the cable car with her mom is now in a war zone. Her words. She introduced me to the King cake and I believe one of the best cake shops there delivers worldwide. The was a cake that comes in chocolate or lemon she wanted us to try.

Not long ago there was a shooting by my cousin's house. She saw it and had to talk to the police to describe what happened. I don't know why she stays there. It's an area that's known for crime.

Eric1955

Remember that the news wants to make it the most shocking to keep people scared and hooked to the TV.

newschannels have devolved to Tabloids type reporting lately :/

The sad thing is there are so many shootings that they're usually not the top story. It's just business as usual. I knew a guy at church who was an NOPD officer and became head of the canine unit. You wouldn't believe some of the stories he told me.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

The sad thing is there are so many shootings that they're usually not the top story. It's just business as usual. I knew a guy at church who was an NOPD officer and became head of the canine unit. You wouldn't believe some of the stores he told me.
ozj53Vi.jpg

seahawk7

probably.. the type of bread came from spain.. perhaps inmigrants took it to the US (new orleans) and Mexico, then they expanded and evolved according to the local cuisine and ingredients.

bingo!

I love Leslie Neilson and found the first seven minutes funny but could you give a synopsis of the rest. I missed the point of the episode I'm sorry.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 85397
This is how we bought it...

Yes, that's what I've seen as well, so I just wanted to be sure I had the correct vision in my mind, of what it looked like. As a kid, I'd probably eat something like that, but now I'd avoid anything that processed with such a high fat content. (Note: My health food requirements do not extend, however, to filled delicious King Cakes with extra frosting! That's just fine as it is!! :D )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom