The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
As already stated, the castle is noticeably paler and looks so much better.

IMG_3564-X2.jpg

Some silver has been added, most likely for the Diamond Celebration:

IMG_3647-X2.jpg

Also, little bolts have been added, obviously for decor...:

IMG_3812-X2.jpg

...as well as strobe lights:

IMG_3839-X2.jpg

Some things are changing colors at the DLR, specifically to blue and silver to match the upcoming celebration. Don't really know what they were thinking with the Downtown Disney signage. You can't see it from a far distance:

DSC_3895-X2.jpg

DSC_3806-X2.jpg

DSC_3064-X2.jpg

http://micechat.com/96050-sleeping-beauty-castle-disneyland/

Figments Friend

Agree.
The same exact thought crossed my mind when i first saw the repainted DTD signage.

I like the new color scheme, but having the lettering be white would make it much easier to read from a distance.
The blue lettering as it is now is awash in it's own sea of blue, in my opinion.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Our schedule flexibility just opened up for DL60th - when do they start decorating for Christmas aka when will haunted mansion holiday and IaSW holiday be open?

We may push our trip back to catch these instead of going in October.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Our schedule flexibility just opened up for DL60th - when do they start decorating for Christmas aka when will haunted mansion holiday and IaSW holiday be open?

Haunted Mansion Holiday will for sure be open if you go after October. Christmas will start between early/mid November.

Travel Junkie

HMH will go up mid September and stay all the way through Christmas. It won’t close in between Halloween and Christmas. Small World Holiday will open with the rest of the Christmas stuff. You start seeing some Christmas stuff go up late October (snow on the castle and lights mostly) and then kicks into high gear the beginning of November. If I had to guess I would say the Holiday season will kick off November 13th, Friday the 13! That is just a guess though based on what they have done in the past.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks everyone - just debating on pushing our mid-October trip back to early November or not.

Edit: when are the Halloween Parties?

RMichael21

Does Winnie the Pooh normally go down for this long for an annual refurbishment or are they upgrading the ride for the 60th? I'm just curious
It doesn't go down for refurbishment annually. They're just having it be closed while the refurb Splash Mountain and Hungry Bear restaurant before the 60th to cut costs. I'm pretty sure that they're not adding any upgrades to Winnie the Pooh.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It doesn't go down for refurbishment annually. They're just having it be closed while the refurb Splash Mountain and Hungry Bear restaurant before the 60th to cut costs. I'm pretty sure that they're not adding any upgrades to Winnie the Pooh.

Highly unlikely Pooh is just sitting collecting dust just because everything else is closed.

SoccerLover, there have been absolutely no official announcements from Disney in regards to the dark ride upgrades. It is possible Pooh is getting upgrades, but we don't know. Right now it's just a refurb.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks everyone - just debating on pushing our mid-October trip back to early November or not.

Edit: when are the Halloween Parties?

Typically there is a two week lull between Halloween and Christmas. The last Halloween party is typically October 31. Some Christmas offerings may become available a week or so later, but that fluctuates from year to year. All Christmas offerings are online by mid-November, usually the 12th or 13th.

If you visit before Veterans Day, it's likely small world be closed for part or all of your visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom