Underrated Rides You Like

Chef Mickey

While not 'abandoned', the Animation Tour is a shadow of what it was when the studio was there that made Mulan, Lilo and Stitch and Brother Bear and added to some other features. It's pretty much a 'nothing' now. That and the loss of the "Backlot Tour" from when the studio was actively used (we saw sets from "From the Earth to the Moon" there during production and some others) really caused the place to lose, for me, it's luster as an actual working studio. Attractions and rides? Yeah, can't argue that there are more now, but a 'studio'? Not really at all. I did LOVE the Hunchback of Notre Dame show. Fantastic.
Agreed on your points...I was just pointing out there is technically more to do now than ever and the rides have grown steadily.

orlando678-

Stitch'' s great escape, i know people hate it but its one of my favorite rides ever.

CoP, a classic

UoE, its funny and hey! Dinosaurs okay'!

Journey into imagination, i love figment and i love the ride, but i do agree with it needing refurbs.

Maelstrom, i didnt even think it was overrated, it was always busy but well it closed while i think it waa a great ride already.

I actually love all rides but these are just a few of my favorite underrated ones

WV_Jayola

Looking through this thread, it just occurred to me that most of my favorite attractions, and the one's that I actually go back over and over to WDW for, are the "underrated" ones...hah hah CoP, UoE, Journey Into Imagination, Country Bears Jamboree, The People Mover.... I love all of the "E Ticket" attractions....but these smaller ones are the things that stoke my love for WDW!

mouskateer carrie

I almost get offended when I hear people pick on It's A Small World... It is my favorite. Yes, I know it is not everyone's favorite and the song can get old, but it's a classic. It's one of Walt's rides!

I know this isn't a ride, but I also love the Earful Tower at HS. To me, it is the original park icon.

draybook

To my fellow TTA Peoplemover lovers....

tumblr_mqem3q4ME41rqfhi2o1_250_zpsedfgemim.gif

Haymarket2008

TTA - just the most relaxing thing ever. Though I miss the old narration.
Gran Fiesta - I miss Rio del Tiempo but its a wonderful replacement. And it's only a matter of time till they get the Caballeros AA's in there! Then it'll rock even more.
Living With The Land - it's pure Epcot Center, and a gorgeous ride. The definitive "underrated" ride.

madmanmadsen

Ellen's Energy Adventure (especially when it's in better shape). Going to be so sad whenever it inevitably leaves.

Wedway!

Great Movie ride (Disney fans like it but I think normal people less so)

Ones that are underrated more recently:
Mission space - why anyone can feel ho hum about this boggles me. I think it's one of the coolest and unique rides on property
Dinosaur - again, even with the effects that have been turned off over the years, still just as good as Indy...which everyone seems to adore.

oh heck yes! Dinosaur is amazing! It is so sad to ride it when the giant carnotaurus head at the end and the carn when they take the pic is not working though

GMR definitely needs more relevant movies to do (I like alien and indy but most of the others people my age have never seen)

madmanmadsen

I almost get offended when I hear people pick on It's A Small World... It is my favorite. Yes, I know it is not everyone's favorite and the song can get old, but it's a classic. It's one of Walt's rides!

I know this isn't a ride, but I also love the Earful Tower at HS. To me, it is the original park icon.

absolutely! they really should have used that instead of the BAH!

JohnWD

• Universe of Energy
  • Living with the Land
  • Carousel of Progress
  • People Mover
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Captain EO

seahawk7

I really enjoy the Peoplemover, Gran Fiesta Tour, It's a Small World, and Barnstormer. I know it's a kiddie coaster but I don't care.

RinkaDink

I second what other folks have posted!
Stitch's Great Escape - I don't get the hate
also love Philarmagic!
And I love It's a Small World. I once went through 5 times in a row during magic Hours, at 2 am, I had the ride all to myself, and the Castmembers and I were laughing and giggling and yucking it up, it was a Magical Moment for me.

noodles

First trip (1980) - Hall of Presidents, WDW Railroad, Boat from ticket center to MK, Country Bear Jamboree
Last trip (2014) - Expedition Everest (so maligned, but so fun), RNRC, Primeval Whirl (cheesy, but I ride it 3-4 times each trip), Treehouse, American Adventure, One Man's Dream

yedliW

Count me as another fan for the People Mover, the Laugh Floor (this time it's laughter they're after..) and Carrousel of Progress.. another one at MK I like is the Liberty Square Riverboat, and the Shootin' Arcade

I'm also a huge fan of Flights of Wonder. I'm usually good for watching this multiple times on a day spent at AK.

Ginzuishou

I felt like a DORK for turning around and looking at Donald crashed into the wall at the end of Philharmagic.
I joined the masses, turned to look, and it was embarrasing........maybe because it was so cheesy. lol

J_Carioca

MK:
TTA
Treehouse
Tom Sawyer Island
Small World
I also miss Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Animal Kingdom:
Pangani Jungle Trek has to be about the most beautiful thing on Disney property. The animals, the theming (from the bats to the tigers to the bird sections) is one of my very favorite things at Disney.
I also like the train to the Affection Section.

Epcot:
Three Caballeros...love love love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom