Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid closing for month long refurbishment Feb 2-Mar 6

Mike S

Yay!!!! The lighting looks sooooo much better in the under the sea room and the ride looks "warmer" if that makes sense. The fixed hair on "Kiss the Girl" looks better, but in Cali, didn't Eric's hair get fixed as well or am I imagining things?
Yes it did. They're both real now.

Fox&Hound

I truly hope that the improved lighting will help people appreciate this ride for what it is- a people-eating dark ride in the heart of NFL that focuses on the songs of one of Disney's best movies. Yes, the ending could still be better but I think with the wonderful queue, newly improved lighting, awesome AA's, and classic songs this ride could be a new favorite. I know it is for my family. Bravo Disney for listening to constructive criticism and making some positive changes.

PREMiERdrum

Much, much, much better. Improves things dramatically overall. However, why do they find it impossible to light this figure correctly?

TLM%20views_zps1qohnhaq.png

The figure isn't particularly well executed anyways, but leaving her in the shadows when she's that close to the vehicle isn't going to help.

Fox&Hound

oh, nice. glad the ride got a bit better.

Still doesn't make up for how plastic and emotionless the ride feels, though.

I'm not saying this to start an argument, but to better understand your perspective. =) How is this ride more plastic than other rides like Pirates, 7DMT, Pooh, or Pan? Don't all of the AA's look mostly the same (despite some ranging quality). I do agree that having some free floating fish not moving in "set" patterns would be an improvement. Just curious. Thanks =)

MotherOfBirds

This ride makes me painfully aware that I am on a ride at Disney World. It's very easy to become so immersed on PotC or HM that this isn't an issue, but riding LM always reminds me of Atlantis at Seaworld

Sage of Time

I'm not saying this to start an argument, but to better understand your perspective. =) How is this ride more plastic than other rides like Pirates, 7DMT, Pooh, or Pan? Don't all of the AA's look mostly the same (despite some ranging quality). I do agree that having some free floating fish not moving in "set" patterns would be an improvement. Just curious. Thanks =)
It just feels very empty. The AAs are NOT as a good as they ones in SDMT, nor are they as textured as the ones in Pan or Pooh. Those feel older and more artful. These just feel overtly mechanical and plastic.

WV_Jayola

Wow, everything looks great in the refurb, I think! Ya know, though...for what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride already. I know it's taken a lot of criticism, but when my family went in November, we rode this more times than probably any other ride, and never found ourselves getting tired or bored of it. I thought the animatronics and set pieces were cool, especially the Ursula! Maybe I'm just not being critical enough, but then again, maybe I just don't have the desire to pick it apart, either. I love Little Mermaid, I love dark rides, and I loved this ride before, and I'm sure even more after the refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom