The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I love dawn at Disney.

11025782_10153178594233417_6598598170577362377_n.jpg

photo snapper facebook

FutureCEO

I feel so uncultured around all of you...

Parents: American
Grandparents: American
Great Grandparents: one Native American and the rest...American.

It's funny. All of my grandparents were born in the states. But if people ask me what nationality I am, I say everything but American.

My mom father's family came from France in the mid 1600's to Canada and then to here around the Civil War. Of course I just know the dates of births (husband and wives), nothing else. My mom mother's family came from Portugal to here around the start of WW1. As for the other set, I really have no idea.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

King cake is a round shaped cinnamon swirl dough with sugar on top. You can also get it with various fillings. I like cream cheese. There is also a small plastic baby hidden inside each king cake. They're most commonly eaton during Mardi Gras season but you can get them year round. Oh, and I should mention they're delicious. :)
View attachment 85374
I think ill stay with my traditional Rosca de Reyes, the green/purple thing gives me the creeps :hilarious:

F6LXxvl.jpg

they put baby jesus figurines inside too.
but its only eaten on january 5-8.

Cesar R M

I just saw a clip from Diver Dan a very strange kids show, why it was considered a kids show is beyond me. Back then there were mandatory Children's Programming laws. This show ran in reruns after school when I was small, hated it. But this fish reminded me of Finding Nemo. Makes you wonder what sparked imaginations of Disney films.

cbg87wqRxCCoS6X.jpg
I dont know but it reminds me of that disney movie where a guy gets transformed into an animated fish.

StarWarsGirl

And at times that is a nice thing. My folks are both first generation American, before that they were all from Ireland, though my great aunt says one of my igreat grandparents was from England and Protestant which my Grandfather turned purple anytime some said that. Nastiness to my elder relatives to insinuate there is Protestant blood in their Irish Catholic bloodline. :joyfull: We can trace everyone's immigration papers except my Dads mother. My Gran disliked my Mom and my Mom says we can't find her in research because she was really a European Gypsy. :facepalm:
Yep, boring can be calmer. My Mom's family is very colorful. Sooooooo many stories.
My family was all here before 1900. My great grandmother's (maternal grandmother's mother) family originally came to Maryland in the 1600s. They were plantation owners. My dad's side of the family was here By the time of the Revolution, though I don't know specifically which of the colonies they came to.

My dad's aunts used to insist that they were English and only English, not German. Which is funny because although the family came from England, they were German. Then later the English got mixed in. They just anglacized their last name.

So combined I am English, Scottish, Dutch, Irish, German, Native American, French, and Eastern Jewish.

Or, I'm American.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom