MagicBands + On Ride Photos

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
With the long range RFID capabilities of MagicBands and the fact that they can now link your on ride photos with your PhotoPass, I've heard a lot of people who were leery that their on-ride photo was actually captured/linked, so the suggestion was to either take a picture of your photo number or jot it down so if it didn't link, you could still get the photo. Got me thinking...

With your MagicBand, you assign a character photo/image. Wouldn't it be nice if when you viewed your photo at the ride exit, if your PhotoPass was properly linked it would also show your MagicBand character image and first name? (or, if you would prefer, it could show your initials?) They already let you choose the character, maybe let you personalize the background color of the character image as well (just so yours is easier to spot)?

The on ride photo screen at the end of the ride could look like the attached image. I guess the biggest issue would be for a ride like TOT where their is one single car that gets one single picture but there are quite a large number of guests per ride vehicle... thoughts?

Attachments

• Disney_SplashMountain2010.jpg
    Disney_SplashMountain2010.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 33

Rob562

At the ride exit there's a reader under each ride photo screen. You can just tap your Band to the reader and link the photo that way. No need to take a picture of the number on the screen. Worst case scenario is you end up with the same photo linked to you twice (once for scanning the Band and once for the automatic linking).

-Rob

MickeyMomV

At the ride exit there's a reader under each ride photo screen. You can just tap your Band to the reader and link the photo that way. No need to take a picture of the number on the screen. Worst case scenario is you end up with the same photo linked to you twice (once for scanning the Band and once for the automatic linking).

-Rob
This makes so much sense!!! I downloaded all of our pics on Monday from our trip and we had doubles of almost every ride photo and I was thinking I accidently downloaded them twice but I bet its because they auto linked and we touched the Magic Band reader under the photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom