Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

dreamfinder

I always wondered what the age group winners were given, now I know. I did not win this, I just found the link from someone else posting it.

http://imgur.com/UY3g7ao

Someone had been selling off a bunch of them from other races on eBay as a fund raiser for another charity race they were doing. I think they typically do an acrylic plaque about the same size, just not the fancy shape. I think the others did have the name on them though, looked like this guy just covered up the age.

HRHPrincessAriel

After watching DH run the Houston marathon today think I decided I'm going to try again this year. I was so disappointed in my time(way slower than my home runs) and how the weather affected what I had in my head of a WDW run. I was robbed. Lol

Banzai

We are right with you, HRH. Our time was also away slower then the training runs and the weather stole our after party and many of the photo ops. DW and I want a fresh try at the WnD. We felt like we didn't really get the experience we expected. Next year will be fun!

Last edited:

Disneymom201

Happy for everyone who can head back this year. I had a blast in 2014.
I mentioned in a previous post my calves were cramping by mile 11. I continued to have "issues" with cramping & sciatica. Ended up in the ER over Christmas & later had an MRI. Learned that I have a bulging & a herniated disc. Haven't been able to run in months . But I get so excited to see those who will participate this year. Can't wait to read the posts as the anticipation gets higher. Good luck everyone!!!!

WDWoptmist

Yeah go to the Annual Passholder page on Disney and its under Passholder Benefits I think, then go to runDisney early registration and click the link! I'm sure there's an easier more direct way but that's how I always do it!

LindsayLoves

Is there a special link for AP? I don't get any of the rundisney emails for some reason. How long is so registration

I heard both AP and DVC early registration have sold out. You follow a link when you are logged into you AP account under runDisney perks. Regular registration is in two weeks.

WDWoptmist

Yeah it has sold out for early registration (which is insane). Does anyone know what percentage of spots are opened for early registration?

RiceCrispyMickey

eek you have me worried now, my husband and I want to run this year, we are from the UK and have never done any rundisney races (never even ran a half marathon so will be our first!). I keep hearing stories of rundisney events selling out in like 30 minutes.

If we stalk the webpage when registration opens on the 17th and register immediately do you think we stand a good chance of getting into the race. I'm so worried its going to sell out before we manage to register! We would be devastated!

belle717

If we stalk the webpage when registration opens on the 17th and register immediately do you think we stand a good chance of getting into the race. I'm so worried its going to sell out before we manage to register! We would be devastated!

I'd recommend being ready to register right when it opens and you should get in without a problem (last year I was a couple hours late and it was only about 80% full). Wish I could participate again this year. have fun!!

LindsayLoves

I'd recommend being ready to register right when it opens and you should get in without a problem (last year I was a couple hours late and it was only about 80% full). Wish I could participate again this year. have fun!!

Agreed, just be ready right when it opens up, not 15 minutes later because they now have a virtual queue so the faster you get in line the faster you can register. Also if both you and your husband want to run you have to sign up individually so you should both be trying to register if that is possible for you.

KIsAPrincess

I heard that they only opened like 500-600 slots for AP/DVC early registration. And crazy that it sold out in like five minutes.

Regular registration opens on the 17th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom