Spice Road Table or Teppan Edo?

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm looking to try something different when I visit Epcot in May. Right now, I have an ADR for Spice Road Table. How is it? Is Teppan Edo more fun/better food with the chefs preparing Japanese dishes at the table?

Fizban

TE is more fun in our family's opinion. The only negative that I can come up with for that is they seriously need to work on the ventilation in that restaurant.

Weather_Lady

Have you ever been to a good hibachi restaurant? If you haven't, Teppan Edo might be a more entertaining choice.

Full dinner show here, if you want to get an idea of what it's all about (or see how it compares to other hibachi restaurants you might have visited):

sjhym333

We have eaten at Spice Road several times. When it first opened it was a great place to just walk up, get a seat, eat and drink and watch Illuminations. Recently we have noticed that the word is out and is getting busier as the night goes on. We found the food good. It is all small tapas plates and if you are hungry you can rack up a pretty big bill quickly. Last time we were there we went with friends and the general consensus was it was just ok.

CheshireCat12

Spice Road is good for a quiet meal by the water, try it for lunch instead of in the evening, it gets crowded from what I've heard before Illuminations. I enjoyed the food quite a bit. Never been to TE but I have a similar place near me.

JohnD

Original Poster
Spice Road is good for a quiet meal by the water, try it for lunch instead of in the evening, it gets crowded from what I've heard before Illuminations. I enjoyed the food quite a bit. Never been to TE but I have a similar place near me.

Good thought. Mabye lunch on 5/13. Just finding out about the Galactic event in HS on 5/14, so guess where I think I'm headed that day!

seahawk7

I'm looking to try something different when I visit Epcot in May. Right now, I have an ADR for Spice Road Table. How is it? Is Teppan Edo more fun/better food with the chefs preparing Japanese dishes at the table?
Teppan Edo is way better. If I remember correctly, Spice Road Table has very, very small portions so dining there will leave you hungry.

MaryJaneP

In looking at menus, knowing our preferences, and viewing the food while there, we chose TE. We will be back to TE as it was excellent.

Hockey89

Do they do fried rice now? I remember going years ago and they had no fried rice because it takes too long.... Am I crazy?

JohnD

Original Poster
Okay, I switched the ADR from Spice Road Table to Teppan Edo. Looks like it will be fun. I like the idea of Spice Road Table for lunch, though.

TB4244

I've not personally eaten at SRT, but Tapas is definitely not one of my favourite things as I always come away unfulfilled, hungry as well as being a lot lighter in the wallet department. So I'd choose Teppan Edo every time, I have eaten there and I can thoroughly recommend it. We had a wonderful evening as the food was good, well priced and its very social as you get seated around the cooking area with other people. Being the only two Brits at the table we were inundated with questions about the UK and vice versa, we had a great time discussing our similar but differing cultures. Great stuff!

Otterhead

I'd say it depends on what sort of restaurants are near you at home. I had a nice meal at Teppan Edo, but it's identical to any sort of "Japanese steakhouse" or teppanyaki place; if you have one of those nearby, definitely try Spice Road Table. Then again, I adore tapas and always seek them out to enjoy with friends.

disneybowl

Teppan Edo is always a must do for us. You get good size portions and the food tastes great. Watching the food cook before you is always a plus.

Hockey89

It is a standard one...Nothing special or amazing.. Good food don't get me wrong....... If you are lucky to eat at the one in Vegas(There are two that blow your mind and wallet) or the one in the Marriott in NJ, you will know the next level....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom