The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Well, test took more than the allotted class time (only one person left when class was over.) And they closed at 5, right when I was leaving, meaning it took me 40 minutes to get out of the parking garage and another 40 minutes to get home (normal commute is 20-30 minutes).

I wish I were 21 so that I could have some wine right about now...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I haven't seen DC in cherry blossom season. My preference for Ottawa is mostly a matter of personal taste. I'm not a big fan of Neoclassical architecture. To be honest I don't like the US Capitol Building at all. I much prefer gothic and chateauesque architecture. The Centre Block of Parliament is one of my favorite buildings in the world.

Plus Ottawa is more laid-back and peaceful than DC. Hoping it stays that way despite the tragedy last October.

You're right; they both have very different styles. I can like both, actually. I'm used to our nation's capitol and all the various buildings and monuments. Steeped in history, I find Wash. DC attractive in it's own unique way, and it always fascinates me. I visited there maybe 25 years ago, and there was so much to see and learn. I loved it.

Now, from the few pictures I've seen of Ottawa, that city appears to be more stylish and charming. That lends itself to being a welcoming place to live and visit. Perhaps some day, I will see it in person.

Isn't it interesting how both cities serve as capitols of nations, yet their outward appearance is quite different.

StarWarsGirl

I've argued this before, prior to your migration - Bieber was a cute little kid, singing "Baby, Baby" or some such nonsense, when he left here.
He morphed into a word class twerp on your soil, under the tutelage of Usher et al.

You wrecked him; you keep him.
You can take his equally useless parents/paid employees too.
I blame poor parenting. His parents are Canadian, therefore, you can keep him.

FYI, I always thought he was a jerk and way too full of himself. The problem only got worse over here. Cute kid he was never.

StarWarsGirl

Yup, that's heading for MA right now. It's going to make for a very messy, or dangerous icy (I prefer messy . . .) commute in the morning.
Two weeks ago, we had a student killed in an ice related car accident. :(

School has been very cautious with closing ever since it seems. One of my professors extended the due date for a group assignment because campus was closed on Sunday and a lot of groups were planning to meet to finish the assignment. We got an email that said, "Be careful, do not do anything stupid." I guess we need to be told that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!
That's my pop right there, too. :)

I think it was something about that generation . . . the sloppier the meal, the more they loved it! ;)

The funny thing about my father was that he was very cultured, highly educated, etc., and he could eat at the finest restaurants, with the manners of a perfect gentleman. Yet, he always preferred to just relax at his own kitchen table, and look forward to the various stews, soups, chowders, and other kinds of beef and gravy dishes that my mother used to cook. Sometimes (at home) he'd even lick the plate! He told my mother that he was extending the supreme compliment to her cooking!! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's a cheap deli ham luncheon meat. (But better than Spam.) Like I've mentioned my dad being a single parent raising four girls had to make the grocery money stretch sometimes so chipchop ham lunches it was. :)

He did the best he could to provide for all of you, with the money he had to spend. That's what matters, and I'm sure all four of you turned out fine.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I think it was something about that generation . . . the sloppier the meal, the more they loved it! ;)

The funny thing about my father was that he was very cultured, highly educated, etc., and he could eat at the finest restaurants, with the manners of a perfect gentleman. Yet, he always preferred to just relax at his own kitchen table, and look forward to the various stews, soups, chowders, and other kinds of beef and gravy dishes that my mother used to cook. Sometimes (at home) he'd even lick the plate! He told my mother that he was extending the supreme compliment to her cooking!! :p
I am all for licking the plate.
Finger-licking, if with refined company. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom