The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Fried mashed potatos. This sounds interesting.
Not sure how old you are, but I suspect younger than me.
Microwaves were not a thing until I was a teenager. Our first microwave was a used Amana Radar-Range, purchased for $1000 in 1981.

Prior to nuking everything, there were only two options for re-heating leftovers - steaming a plate over a pot of boiling water, and frying!

FYI - Almost every leftover is better fried than nuked! Spaghetti, mac & cheese, ham, potatoes, mixed veggies, roast beef, pierogie ....

Even today, we seldom use the microwave; mostly the toaster oven ... and the fry pan.

Goofyernmost

OK, this weather has gotten a little out of hand. After a nice day yesterday, it is cold and rainy again today with tomorrows forecast in the 70's. That is followed by back to the 40's. Yes, I know to some of you suffering up north that would seem like heaven, but, this isn't up north. We are not supposed to have stuff like this happening day after day. Based on that I have decided that it is necessary to issue this warning to the entire "Frozen Crew" as to exactly how we feel about that down here.

Olaf, expressed a desire to know what happens to snowmen when it gets warm.
Before:
IMG_20150226_161642593.jpg
After:
IMG_20150303_140025056.jpg
Your kind is not welcome around these parts, so ifin's y'all want to make it to retirement age I'd suggest sidestepping this here neighborhood, pardner!

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
OK, this weather has gotten a little out of hand. After a nice day yesterday, it is cold and rainy again today with tomorrows forecast in the 70's. That is followed by back to the 40's. Yes, I know to some of you suffering up north that would seem like heaven, but, this isn't up north. We are not supposed to have stuff like this happening day after day. Based on that I have decided that it is necessary to issue this warning to the entire "Frozen Crew" as to exactly how we feel about that down here.

Before:
View attachment 85206
After:
View attachment 85207
Your kind is not welcome around these parts, so ifin's you want to make it to retirement age I'd suggest sidestepping this here neighborhood, pardner!
"Ifin's". :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

Microwaves were not a thing until I was a teenager. Our first microwave was a used Amana Radar-Range, purchased for $1000 in 1981.

Prior to nuking everything, there were only two options for re-heating leftovers - steaming a plate over a pot of boiling water, and frying!

FYI - Almost every leftover is better fried than nuked! Spaghetti, mac & cheese, ham, potatoes, mixed veggies, roast beef, pierogie ....

Even today, we seldom use the microwave; mostly the toaster oven ... and the fry pan.
Our microwave is currently broken. We're waiting on a part for it so it can be repaired. For the day and a half that we were without a microwave before my parents went and bought a spare microwave, I wondered how on Earth we ever did without microwaves. :rolleyes:

MattC

Ha! Yeah, I was fortunate enough to be born into a world plentiful with microwaves. But, when you say fry do you mean just heated up in pan with a little oil, full on fried in oil, or something else that transforms the mashed potatos into something else?

TomP

Before:
View attachment 85206
After:
View attachment 85207
Your kind is not welcome around these parts, so ifin's you want to make it to retirement age I'd suggest sidestepping this here neighborhood, pardner!
I believe this happened in KY (and SC, too) ETA Louisville KY police "arrested" Elsa in response to near record breaking snowfall in the area this winter.
elsa in cuffs.jpg

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

No mustard served at school? I'd think that ketchup, mustard, and mayo are basic condiments in any school cafeteria. I only eat bologna about once a year now, but I'll only put mustard on it--just like when I was a kid. :)
Only ketchup in the elementary. They had mustard at the beginning of last year but the kids would take a ketchup AND mustard packet and throw the mustard away. Middle and high school have the basic condiments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom