To those who have had to apply for ESTA's

Bodyfather

Original Poster
Me and my girlfriend are travelling in May to Orlando, when applying for our ESTA's I have not included my middle name on the application as it indicates..but my girlfriend has. However, both of our passports include our middle names. What's the correct way to fill this out and will there be any issues with either application you would know of? I have emailed ESTA but they're not replying for about 2 weeks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

What's the correct way to fill this out and will there be any issues with either application you would know of? I have emailed ESTA but they're not replying for about 2 weeks.
Unfortunately, the correct way is to fill everything out that applies - this saves any awkward questions when you go through immigration in Orlando.
Before you rush off and pay for another one, wait for the reply. You may still be ok.

Bodyfather

Original Poster
Yeah, plenty of time to rectify I suppose. Seems to be the most ambiguously worded thing I've ever read. Asks for first name(singular) but also name as it appears on passport at the same time

zoenaveau

Lucky for me I don't have a middle name lol. Makes filling forms out so easy! P.s ESTA is the most ridiculous lingo I have come across.

Mouse_Trap

Never encountered it myself as none of my family have middle names.

Thought I would check the ESTA application page out though as I couldn't remember what it said

In the First (Given) Name field, enter your first (given) name as the first name appears on your passport under the First or Given Name field. Do not include the middle name in this field. The first name is required to complete the application.

That's from the official site. I agree the field is not very clear in itself, but if you click the blue question mark button next to the field it gives you that additional information.

Hope that helps.....though I guess now your problem is reversed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom