Parents or Kids More Excited?

DisneyDebNJ

When our son was little (starting taking him to Disney when he was 3, he will be 25 next Month) I think I was more excited to see his reaction to things. Now, I would say we both get equally excited LOL.

DiSnEyF@n

My step kids are DS14 & DD12 and even though they live with their mother, every time we see them they make a joke about about going to Disney... They'll say something like this: Hey why don't we go on vacation this year. We should go to Disney. --- They already know we are going, so it's funny. They like to talk about it, but they aren't as involved in the planning aspect of it. I've been with them to WDW 3 times before this summer and they have been a total of 4 times so they know the drill and I know which rides they love the most. This year we will be traveling with the newest addition to our family our 6 month old, so I know things will be a bit different! I know the older kids will be excited to see how Cassidy reacts to everything. It will be a fun treat that's for sure. I can't wait!!!

The older they get the more excited they get, for sure.

I on the other hand plan and plan as soon as we get back from there... It's an obsession lol. I kinda get made fun of because of it. I don't care though.

Just got back with my 3 year old and I made a statement to my dad on the last day...I can't wait until DD is as excited about Disney as I am.

She asked to go home to her toys and her own bed everyday. Ughh!

mickeysshoes

I would have to say we are all equally as excited for most trips in our own way. When the kids were home and we were in the process of planning our dinner discussions would NOT be how was your day it was always where should we eat and what parks what day. DH would hold off his excitement till a few weeks out and then he was worse then the kids with "is it time to leave yet?" 216 days cant get here soon enough.

DisneyFreak23

Original Poster
For me, as a Disney dad who loves to plan, I'm stoked months ahead of time and the kids catch up to my level of excitement just as the trip begins!:D

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Going in December ( first timer) and I am super excited. I guess our daughter will be too... when we tell her. We'll tell her shortly before going, because we don't want her to drive us crazy for two months, lol.

Hawkeyegirl

Me for sure! lol. My daughter Loved going, but she was too young to understand what a big trip it was. All the planning for me is so much fun…something to look forward too.

crf815

I think I am. My kids are definitely excited but they dont understand the face that is made when you enter Disney for the first time. My daughter was 2 the ladt time we went. She will turn 8 on the day we fly there. It is my sons first trip. it is a trip for both of their birthdays since they are less then a month apart.

popcenturylover

Well, I used to say me but, my 6yr old is really getting into it this year & is pretty excited! We bought her the Birnbaum book for kids & she reads a little bit every day & says hey Mom did you know this or that? It's great!

ScarletBegonias

This year.. Me and my Hubby! DD will only be 15 months this year (my family starts 'em early), so I imagine it'll be a few years before she'll be excited!!

Mr Toad

I guess me. The DW gets to a point where she doesn't want to hear about the planning. She just wants to know where and when. She is already growing wary of the 2017 trip. Poor DW :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom