Pride Rock at Animal Kingdom?

Aaron Wojnowiak

Original Poster
Long time lurker, first time creating a thread here on the boards... Hoping I'm putting this in the right place, but have there ever been discussions within the Disney camp on how to incorporate Pride Rock into Animal Kingdom (or anywhere for that matter). I understand the idea behind keeping most movie related attractions in NFL, but this one seems like it would be a quick win for a park already lacking in things to do (at least until 2017). Creating an area where people can take pictures at and look out over AK's stunning scenery would be awesome.

orlando678-

Well here on the boards we have talked about ideas for a pridelands area in AK many times but im not sure if Disney themselves ever spoke about it. There must be someone there who sees new oppurtunities now that cars land is open and avatar land opening in the future

Aaron Wojnowiak

Original Poster
I find it surprising that the film isn't more well represented at WDW. For being one of their biggest films of all time, I it's crazy that there is only the FoLK show.

DinoInstitute

When the Africa expansion was taking place, there was some rumor here that a LK dark ride would be a part of it. I don't know how true it really was though.
But yeah, many of us here have thought of cool ways to include this in DAK, and it would be a really cool addition for the reasons you mentioned.

Also, welcome to the forums!:D:)

orlando678-

I thought i had seen that lion king was still #1 but i could be wrong and i was only thinking of the animated movies now

orlando678-

I could definately see a pridelands also ideas as a spinner or a coaster around the elephant graveyard with Scar and the hyenas around every corner. Also something like Timon's bug bar could be great

Voxel

President of Progress City
What if we had a mini land in Africa dedicated to Lion King? With Pride Rock? The Show? and a LK Dark Ride?
Long time lurker, first time creating a thread here on the boards... Hoping I'm putting this in the right place, but have there ever been discussions within the Disney camp on how to incorporate Pride Rock into Animal Kingdom (or anywhere for that matter). I understand the idea behind keeping most movie related attractions in NFL, but this one seems like it would be a quick win for a park already lacking in things to do (at least until 2017). Creating an area where people can take pictures at and look out over AK's stunning scenery would be awesome.

The problem is that it doesn't not fit into Animal Kingdom as a Theme. The theme is of life around us and the natural that makes up the world around us (Avatar doesn't initially fit, the rational makes sense if you want me to explain it). The paths of Animal Kingdom emulator the lands they can be found in and the park does an amazing job "teleporting" you to the jungles around the world. While their are "Disney" characters and attractions a theme land of Lion King does not fit into the realism of Animal Kingdom. The area would still be too whimsical and fantasyland in it's feel. While I would love an Lion King land it would take away from the one of the two wdw Parks that have remained true to it's vision.

Aaron Wojnowiak

Original Poster
I tend to agree as well Voxel. It's just disappointing that there is likely not any more room in MK where it belongs to do the movie justice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom