stroller

crf815

Original Poster
We are going to disney in May. I want to bring a stroller for my 4 year old who will be 5 in june. He isa bit on the smaller side at about 35 pounds and 42 inches. I want to get him a stroller, as I do not want to carry him around, since a trip to the mall is torture with him I can only imagine what disney for 7 days would be like. Any one have any suggestions on a stroller he would fit comfortably in since we have not used one for him for many years. Thanks

I would rent a city-mini stroller from one of the local companies. Much smoother ride than any low-mid range stroller option. After I used the double city mini, I was kicking myself for not buying one right when our twins were born.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Renting can be a good option if you don't plan on using it after your trip, especially if you're flying there. Or get a cheap umbrella stroller (see what stores offer, select what you think would work, then bring him to the store for a short trip to see if/how he fits).

Disney4family

We always used the umbrella strollers. They're comfortable for the kids and small enough for you to deal with. We always brought our strollers. They were great to have in the airport and getting back to the room at the hotel - which you wouldn't have if you rented in the park. We also purchased the stroller rain covers (which everyone now borrows). They have mesh vents so the kids can breathe; they're clear so the kids can see; and they pack up easily to fit in the little mesh bag that hangs off the back of the stroller.

Kristamouse

I 2nd renting a Citi Mini if your or your spouse are tall...my husband and I can't stand to push one for more than a little bit.
We drive and pack our stroller, currently we have Britax B Ready, a big reason we picked it because it had great reviews for tall people.
As a Mom to 5 with our 6th due June and 15 trips to WDW I can tell you, go with comfort for you and your child.

WDW_Jon

Kingdom strollers has been recommended to us to rent...
I emailed them and they've been very helpful and drop off and pick up at your resort at a pre arranged time so you have the stroller At all times during your stay for walks back to the hotel and elsewhere rather than the expensive rentals in the parks...
Looks pretty good value to me as they are decent strollers...

Kristamouse

I 2nd renting a Citi Mini if your or your spouse are tall...my husband and I can't stand to push one for more than a little bit.
We drive and pack our stroller, currently we have Britax B Ready, a big reason we picked it because it had great reviews for tall people.
As a Mom to 5 with our 6th due June and 15 trips to WDW I can tell you, go with comfort for you and your child.
In re reading I realized I was unclear, we can't stand pushing a umbrella stroller for LNG as we have to be d over to push...the Citi Minis are nice height:)

jlthomas81

We have a Maclaren Triumph that is smaller than a large stroller but doesn't require you to bend over like the smaller umbrellas do. We've loved that stroller!!

SAV

I am against umbrella strollers at WDW because they just didn't work well for all we needed. I prefer to go a step up to something like this Graco LiteRider Stroller:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...&cp=2273443.2256189.2256203&parentPage=family

While I haven't use this exact model, it has what I would recommend you get. A solid foot rest for the child, a tray, a shade, reclining seat, a basket underneath for stuff, and very important a drink holder and tray for you and your stuff. All things that we needed and used...especially over a 7 day trip. And by bringing your own, you can use it in the airports if you are flying.

We ended up using this "mini" stroller as our primary through 2 kids because we liked it that much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom