SNL Isis skit

seascape

Original Poster
Does the SNL IISIS skit make more or less likely to go to Universal. I cant believe NBC would put something on like that. Today I dropped TimeWarner Cable and signed up for FIOS. I also switched from CNBC to Bloomberg. I will aslo stop watching MSNBC and switch to CNN. I think everyone should boycott Comcast and that includes Universal. Boycotting Seaworld for treatment of killer whales is one thing but supporting ISIS and their killing of Americans and the death to Americ statement is unforgivable.

Jahona

I haven't seen the skit so I'm going by the outcry I have heard to make a basis. It's a parody as GlaDOS pointed out. Was it a bit tasteless? Probably. The fact that SNL was able to make this sketch and air it in this country is a testament to the freedom of speech. You don't have to agree with what they did and you have your right to boycott.

Also Time Warner isn't part of Comcast yet. FCC hasn't approved the merger and last I read a week ago a lot of analysts don't think it will go through.

Club Cooloholic

Does the SNL IISIS skit make more or less likely to go to Universal. I cant believe NBC would put something on like that. Today I dropped TimeWarner Cable and signed up for FIOS. I also switched from CNBC to Bloomberg. I will aslo stop watching MSNBC and switch to CNN. I think everyone should boycott Comcast and that includes Universal. Boycotting Seaworld for treatment of killer whales is one thing but supporting ISIS and their killing of Americans and the death to Americ statement is unforgivable.
Not to go Jingo...but isn't that what makes America great? That we can have Parody without thousands taking to the street? It's a serious subject and is taken seriously on many other forums, and I doubt they do it again because it fell flat but thank goodness they have the right to do it, also where in the world does that parody show they support ISIS? If anything it make ISIS p'd off when they saw it.
I also love when people get high and mighty and start to talk boycotts. Will you stop using Apple products because conditions in their factories are so horrid people try to kill themselves so much they put nets around the buildings? Will you stop wearing most of the clothes you have in your closet since most are produced in a sweat shop somewhere in the world, possibly by children?
Also, Comcast is huge, it would be like if your kid did something stupid to your friends kid, would you want them to blame you and never talk to you again? Scratch that it would be like if your kid did something to some other kid and your Grandfathers friend heard about it and he decided he was not going to talk to your Grandpa anymore lol

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I must have missed that sketch, the only one I saw about ISIS was the one that was a parody of a car commercial.

Tony Perkis

You're ridiculous.

And away from your ridiculous point, it was actually nice to see SNL show some cajones and perform a biting, risky parody for the first time in a while. I thought it was very funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom