DL's Agenda for Tomorrowland

tylrrbmc

Original Poster
Anybody else think its interesting to watch whats going on in respect to Tomorrowland? Innoventions is currently closed for a remodel. They are removing the Dream home for something new. Rumors are that the space will have a big exhibition space celebrating Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary? Will they start using the rotating pre-show area again? Meanwhile the Marvel Meet and Greets, the Starcade, and Magic Eye Theater are closed as well..

It's also interesting to me that Disney's has a new Tomorrowland movie one the way as well as the new Tomorrowland cartoon on Disney XD that just debuted last weekend "Miles From Tomorrowland". Seems like Disney has some sort of Agenda but nothing is official yet.

Any speculation out there what might be going on if anything?

GiveMeTheMusic

Anybody else think its interesting to watch whats going on in respect to Tomorrowland? Innoventions is currently closed for a remodel. They are removing the Dream home for something new. Rumors are that the space will have a big exhibition space celebrating Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary? Will they start using the rotating pre-show area again? Meanwhile the Marvel Meet and Greets, the Starcade, and Magic Eye Theater are closed as well..

It's also interesting to me that Disney's has a new Tomorrowland movie one the way as well as the new Tomorrowland cartoon on Disney XD that just debuted last weekend "Miles From Tomorrowland". Seems like Disney has some sort of Agenda but nothing is official yet.

Any speculation out there what might be going on if anything?

Nothing's going on. There's no cohesive plan for Tomorrowland as of yet. Innoventions is the trash heap that just won't go away, and the Magic Eye Theater is closed because they moved to digital projectors for the movie previews they've been doing, and there's no digital print of Captain EO (supposedly). It will become a Tomorrowland movie preview soon - after that, who knows.

Tomorrowland desperately needs help, but with Star Wars Land replacing Toontown, I don't think WDI has gotten close to formulating a Tomorrowland plan yet. Star Wars was the plan to fix it, and now that's not happening.

tylrrbmc

Original Poster
Nothing's going on. There's no cohesive plan for Tomorrowland as of yet. Innoventions is the trash heap that just won't go away, and the Magic Eye Theater is closed because they moved to digital projectors for the movie previews they've been doing, and there's no digital print of Captain EO (supposedly). It will become a Tomorrowland movie preview soon - after that, who knows.

Tomorrowland desperately needs help, but with Star Wars Land replacing Toontown, I don't think WDI has gotten close to formulating a Tomorrowland plan yet. Star Wars was the plan to fix it, and now that's not happening.

Yah you are probably right. But it does feel like they are directing more attention towards Tomorrowland. And not in a StarWars or Marvel sort of way. It was interesting watching a few episodes of Miles From Tomorrowland. I am probably reading too much into it but it felt like with the specific verbiage they were using with the plot and theme of the show; It represented a picture of what Tomorrowland may be like again. A futuristic land giving insight into "otherworldly wonders", "fantastic voyages", and "pioneering of the human spirit". Wishful thinking but I hope Tomorrowland will soon return to what in once was. Even looking at what they have done in Tomorrowland Paris as far as the theme goes etc. It feels pretty fresh and new in comparison.

kap91

Is Star Wars land definite for toontown? A. It's not like Disneyland to knock down stuff and build new (that's a WDW thing) and b. A whole land based on Star Wars doesn't work with the idea of lands based on broad themes. Though I guess it's better than a tomorrowland overlay.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
DL's Tomorrowland is in WORSE shape than EPCOTs future world. It needs something major done to it.

cheezbat

DL's Tomorrowland is in WORSE shape than EPCOTs future world. It needs something major done to it.
Very debatable. Epcot needs work. Tomorrowland could use some too. At least all of Tomorrowlands rides are in better shape than Future Worlds.

tylrrbmc

Original Poster
No I don't think anything is definite for StarWars Land or Tomorrowland. It would be really hard to see them demo ToonTown. Not sure what is worse though. The demo of ToonTown or or the demo of Tomorrowland. Rumours are the next big set of announcements (StarWars, Marvel, Tomorrowland?) will happen this fall after the 60th. IMO StarWars and Marvel suit CA better.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Very debatable. Epcot needs work. Tomorrowland could use some too. At least all of Tomorrowlands rides are in better shape than Future Worlds.

Agreed but TL in general is an eyesore. when we were there in 2012 it was just so sad-looking. Especially rocket tower plaza (is that what' it's called at DL?) and the skeleton of the people mover.

IowaHawks7

Would it at all be possible to turn DL's tomorrowland into a version of DLP's Discoveryland? It seems it may be too hard to keep updating the whole land every 25 years or so. So why not make it to a theme of what we thought the future would be like in the past and to the age of discovery and jules verne-esque?

GiveMeTheMusic

Would it at all be possible to turn DL's tomorrowland into a version of DLP's Discoveryland? It seems it may be too hard to keep updating the whole land every 25 years or so. So why not make it to a theme of what we thought the future would be like in the past and to the age of discovery and jules verne-esque?

That's kind of what they were going for in 1998.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom