2/28 Fire @ Its A Small World

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
image.jpg

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
The video in the link above shows it looking pretty scary.

Bad timing too - the last thing you'd want is this ride to be out of commission for the 60th.

Sage of Time

The video in the link above shows it looking pretty scary.

Bad timing too - the last thing you'd want is this ride to be out of commission for the 60th.
From what I can see, it's over by the train tracks and not on the building itself. I don't think the ride is really in danger. Nor is the main part of the facade.

Where is LD60? Is it a different site?
The DL60 thread, here. Click the arrow in my quoted post.

TP2000

From the OC Register...

ANAHEIM - A small fire broke out Saturday evening at Disneyland, but was quickly extinquished.

The fire began around 9:20 p.m. on a tree near the "It's a Small World" attraction, said Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown.

No one was injured and no damage was done to the attraction.

Lt. Bob Dunn with the Anaheim Fire Department told the Register that the fire was being handled by Disney personnel.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-652713-quickly-anaheim.html

I remember they have those ponderosa pine trees along the side of the train tracks there, and those things can go up in big, brilliant flames when they catch fire. Of course, they're designed to do that by Mother Nature to create enough heat to crack the pine cones open and release the seeds inside to replenish the forest after the fire, but that's another thread. :cool:

Glad to hear Disneyland's fire team extinguished the blaze without damage to the ride, and without having to bring in Anaheim's fire engines. But I'm sure it was quite a show for a few minutes there!

Californian Elitist

The comments are great!

I found some of the comments amusing and somewhat funny. "small world" is a classic, but the song is repetitive and slightly annoying, therefore I can relate to some of the posters. In saying that, I wouldn't dare wish destruction to that attraction. Its background is important. Some of those posters are just ignorant, but it's nothing to get angry over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom