50mp cameras coming soon

donsullivan

Premium Member
Based on everything that's out there, it seems that it's targeted as a studio shooter where you can control all of the conditions. Canon has said publicly that the sensor is internally developed (not from Sony) and customers should expect dynamic range roughly equivalent to the current 5D3. The lack of dynamic range improvement alone takes this out of the realm of being considered a landscape shooting camera.

I'm kind of glad I gave up waiting for Canon last fall and made the switch to Nikon.

NowInc

Based on everything that's out there, it seems that it's targeted as a studio shooter where you can control all of the conditions. Canon has said publicly that the sensor is internally developed (not from Sony) and customers should expect dynamic range roughly equivalent to the current 5D3. The lack of dynamic range improvement alone takes this out of the realm of being considered a landscape shooting camera.

I'm kind of glad I gave up waiting for Canon last fall and made the switch to Nikon.

Nikon seems to have stumbled a bit lately too. The D7200 announcement last night has been received with an overwhelming "MEH" by many (myself included). Both companies need to start listening to their users. Nikon users have been clammering for a D400 and Canon users want new sensors (not megapixels). Its a no brainer, really.

Jahona

D400 won't happen. The D610 is filling the same price point. The D7000 series offered a lot of upgrades over the d300 just lacked the high end weather sealing. Besides the introduction of more consumer priced full frame DSLR cameras the entire camera market hasn't really grown. It's a very linear development cycle it would seem. We're not really getting large megapixels jumps with each iteration and noise levels are usually slightly lower than the previous generation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom