AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

G00fyDad

So, wait, you think that Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Will Farrell, and Chris Rock, to name a few, WEREN'T funny?

That's right. On Saturday Night Live they were ridiculous, off SNL they were hysterical. And this comes from someone who actually tried to like it. My aunt and my mother kept hammering me about how funny Saturday Night Live is and I've tried on multiple occasions to watch it. I sit there straight faced staring at the screen without laughing. With a few exceptions it isn't funny to me at all. Those exceptions would be the Cowbell skit, the jeopardy skits, and the news skits. That's it. Everything else made me stare at my TV in complete disbelief that there's an audience sitting there laughing at this. And I'm not the only one that feels that way. As a matter of fact I have such a deep seeded hatred for Jimmy Fallon that I can't even look at his face without wanting to smack the crap out of him. I mentioned the cowbell episode as a funny skit, but he almost ruined that one as well. You'd be hard pressed to find any skit where Jimmy Fallon wasn't trying to bust up the skit by laughing. He did it because Eddie Murphy did it once or twice and it brought down the house so it must be a time tested funny method. Recently he even admitted to doing this on the show. He's an idiot. Other than those few exceptions Saturday Night Live is horrible these days.

Matt_Black

Okay, I'll give you Jimmy Fallon. But there is no way, NO WAY you can tell me that the Church Lady, Wayne's World, or Matt Foley Motivational speaker weren't hilarious.

G00fyDad

Okay, I'll give you Jimmy Fallon. But there is no way, NO WAY you can tell me that the Church Lady, Wayne's World, or Matt Foley Motivational speaker weren't hilarious.

Ok. One more exception. The Church Lady. Dana Carvey was hilarious. But that's about when the show stopped being funny. And no, I do not find Waynes World or Matt Foley Motivational Speaker funny at all.

MagicGoofy

im 99% sure they will sell a drink at Avatarland and it will be themed after pandora plant nectar and it will beat HP's butter beer... I also hope the food is also themed after maybe what the navi would eat you know?

RSoxNo1

That's right. On Saturday Night Live they were ridiculous, off SNL they were hysterical. And this comes from someone who actually tried to like it. My aunt and my mother kept hammering me about how funny Saturday Night Live is and I've tried on multiple occasions to watch it. I sit there straight faced staring at the screen without laughing. With a few exceptions it isn't funny to me at all. Those exceptions would be the Cowbell skit, the jeopardy skits, and the news skits. That's it. Everything else made me stare at my TV in complete disbelief that there's an audience sitting there laughing at this. And I'm not the only one that feels that way. As a matter of fact I have such a deep seeded hatred for Jimmy Fallon that I can't even look at his face without wanting to smack the **** out of him. I mentioned the cowbell episode as a funny skit, but he almost ruined that one as well. You'd be hard pressed to find any skit where Jimmy Fallon wasn't trying to bust up the skit by laughing. He did it because Eddie Murphy did it once or twice and it brought down the house so it must be a time tested funny method. Recently he even admitted to doing this on the show. He's an idiot. Other than those few exceptions Saturday Night Live is horrible these days.
SNL wasn't really for Jimmy Fallon. But the combination of him and Higgins on the Tonight Show is excellent. I was very skeptical of Fallon taking over for Conan at 12:30 and he has more than won me over. Yes, he has some stuff that has become really popular that shouldn't be (namely the "ew" sketch), but all in all he has done a great job with the Tonight Show.

G00fyDad

SNL wasn't really for Jimmy Fallon. But the combination of him and Higgins on the Tonight Show is excellent. I was very skeptical of Fallon taking over for Conan at 12:30 and he has more than won me over. Yes, he has some stuff that has become really popular that shouldn't be (namely the "ew" sketch), but all in all he has done a great job with the Tonight Show.

Just looking at Fallon makes me upset. If there is one person on this planet that I can truly say makes me sick to see it would be him. I didn't care for Leno either, but I'd take him over Fallon ANY day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom