Contemporary or Grand Floridian

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Both resorts do. That's why there is a MK view category for Contemporary and Theme Park view category for GF.

TFIN44

Original Poster
Thank you. Planning a trip for our first anniversary in January. Any suggestions on which resort is better?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We prefer the GF. All rooms receive nightly turndown service (with fresh towels and chocolates) while only
Club level guests at the Contemporary receive this perk. GF has more restaurants and a more adult feel.

We also got a surprise in our room on our anniversary stay there.

MaryJaneP

Do any of the rooms at either of these resorts have a good view of the MK fireworks?

As many have said, both have rooms with views of the MK fireworks. We would choose based upon other items, such as quieter vs louder, who is staying with you, is walkway to MK important, is fine dining important, is décor important, is resort atmosphere important, how much time will you spend at resort, have you been to either, etc?

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I have never stayed in either main resort, but I have stayed in BOTH Bay Lake Tower and the GF DVC Suites. Both are gorgeous. It will definitely cost you more to get a view of the fireworks from BLT, but if you have a DVC membership or the pin number of the person who reserved the room, you can get access to the lounge upstairs, which I would argue has a better view than the California Grill.

My GF room was on the monorail side, so I cannot offer any input there, however, I can tell you that the entire resort is gorgeous and very posh. If you are into that sort of thing, my vote would be for the GF, simply because you can move around to the other monorail resorts to get a good view of the fireworks.

Hope you have a happy visit!

ULPO46

Most Rooms do. Just expect to dish out a little more but you can also view the fireworks from the beach at the GF or Polynessian. You can also try to enter the California Grills viewing area.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
It's your anniversary your concentration should be on INSIDE fireworks.

However if your concern is with the outdoor kind:
You've got my minority vote for Contemporary. One of the upper floors MK view a couple filets brought up from room service nice Cabernet of your choice, some chocolate covered strawberries for desert........Yeah maybe a double fireworks show for you friend.

Last edited:

TXDisney

Your firework view is better at Contemporary, but the atmosphere and rooms are nicer at GF. So it's up to you on what you prefer.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Your firework view is better at Contemporary, but the atmosphere and rooms are nicer at GF. So it's up to you on what you prefer.
Depends on your room at GF. We had a perfect view of the fireworks from Sago Cay. True, all MK tower rooms can see the fireworks but the rooms we've had at Poly and GF actually had better views since the castle was in the middle (as if you were watching on Main Street.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom