The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

You live in Tampa? Nice!

Hubby and I used to always stay at the Radisson Suite Resort on Sand Key (now a Marriott).
We plan on doing some condo shopping within the next year or two; in that general area, maybe Tarpon Springs, up as far north as New Port Richey. Be nice to catch some spring training in Dunedin, and be within 1 1/2 - 2 hours of Disney.
We are nowhere near retirement age yet, so there's not a lot of rush ... just a lot of desire.
Do it soon before we all lose patience with your cold producing habits and decide to "fix" the problem permanently. You, of all people, know that we are, if nothing else, a warring nation.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

No, smokers are not generally evil, going out of their way to blow smoke directly in the face of asthmatics.
Unfortunately many smokers leave their trash around and smoke where they're not supposed to, and don't gube a carp when they've clearly lit up next to an asthmatic.

And yet many are polite. My aunt is a smoker and completely courteous. She only smokes at home or in designated areas, she smokes outside so that the asthmatics in our family can still enjoy her home, and before she smokes when I've been at her house, she makes sure I'm nowhere near her. I spent the night at her house with my cousins one time, and she took us to the mall, and she was the one telling my cousins that they better not take me into any perfume shops. If I hadn't gotten in touch with my mother when I did a few weeks ago when I had to go to the ER with my asthma, she would have been the one who I called next. She's that awesome.

And then there is my other aunt. She is one of those people that doesn't believe asthma is real. One time, we were at nice aunt's house, and she once lit up when I was standing right there. I tried to move away, but she seemed to be following me. I finally asked her to please stay away from me with the cigarette. She would not listen. My mom finally pulled her aside and nicely said something to her. While Mom said something, I went in and told my other aunt what was going on. My other aunt (the one who smokes) came out and pulled the rude aunt aside, and I can guarantee you that she wasn't as nice about it as my mother had been. It hasn't happened since. I really don't think that made other aunt a bad person though. Inconsiderate? Yes. She did deserve whatever my other aunt said to her. Is she a bad person? No.

Unfortunately, it's the rude smokers who make a bad name for the rest of them.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yea, but they all live down here with me... so I have nothing to lose. It would be quite a stretch to say that they are even half Canadian, they were born down here and there grandmother was originally a U.S. citizen before marrying a England born man and moving to Canada. Iffy, at best. The only one in the family with direct Canadian roots would be my Ex since she was actually born there but became a citizen here before they were born. Nice try at guilt though.
Okay - you be nice. :happy:

StarWarsGirl

Honey, I admire your persistance ... but you are beating a dead horse. The trolls are aplenty. You can't hold the fort on your own.

I'm all for a lock.
I know. Just hate some of the nastiness going on over there.

I blocked the trolls. I hope the member who was getting attacked does the same. I hope by tomorrow all of the nastiness is gone and the thread is locked. Clearly, it's not something that people can discuss without getting horrible to one another.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Good Lord, man!!! :)
How many original miles?
Have either been rebuilt?
T-H 350, or manual?
I rebuilt it at about 110K miles. I have about 50K back on it. Engine was in great shape, but I need to rebuild the trans again. It was the turbo 350. I did a rebuild and put a B&M shift kit in it so it would stay in first until 55 mph, hit second, squeeling the tires and jumping to 65 mph and stay in second up to 100 and shift into drive with a chirp and jump to 105. Needless to say the intermediate clutch pack is toast, so I need to rebuild it again. One of these days....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom