Was Magic Kingdom's POTC damaged by the movie refurb?

Mr Anderson

I'm not quite sure why they did that. It might be that Disney doesn't want anything "fired" in the direction of guests. The Imperial Walkers at Star Tours no longer shoot either.

But not sure why they removed the marquee. Or why they took out the talking skull warning you about the drop from the MK version but left it in the DL version

On my last visit to MK, there was a new rider behind us that was absolutely shocked by the drop; it sounded like she was rattled a bit, and her very young son started to cry. If they hadn't taken out the skull, this wouldn't have happened.

The removal of the talking/warning skull is the biggest thorn-in-the-side for both new & returning guests, IMHO.

flyerjab

Well, based on the fact that the picture in your avatar, obviously one of yourself, shows an android, this makes total sense. While you have a chance, could you ask your wife, which I can only assume you purchased in an auction? Or is the subject too touchy for her?

I will make certain to ask her after I have had my way with her.

As an aside, I am killing it in the android dating scene.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I will make certain to ask her after I have had my way with her.

As an aside, I am killing it in the android dating scene.
HiddenMickeyOnWTA.jpg

lazyboy97o

I never actually said that, and I don't think robots are raping anyone, but that's a pretty amazing idea for a movie. Or a creepy video game. Five Nights at Disney's?
It's interrsting how a typical means of discussing a fictional narrative, as though the action is occurring, is twisted around to be something unusual. Nobody starts pitching a fit that there is no actual town or actual fire if somebody mentions the town burning scene.

jakeman

It's interrsting how a typical means of discussing a fictional narrative, as though the action is occurring, is twisted around to be something unusual. Nobody starts pitching a fit that there is no actual town or actual fire if somebody mentions the town burning scene.
Just stop.

The town is visibly on fire. There is no visible rape occurring.

Just...you know...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Nobody, at any point, insinuated that there is actual visible rape going on in PotC.

It's sort of bizarre that it keeps getting brought up. lazyboy certainly didn't say it. Nor did I. Paging Elsa!

I do believe that you did say it:

Ah, that's why the pirates are buying brides and chasing them through town... so they can have maids! :)

The funniest refurb was when they put cooked chickens in the hands of the women being chased. The pirates didn't want to rape, they just wanted a hot dinner!

Otterhead

Nope. Sorry. Please reread that post. Never, at any point, did I say that there was actual visible rape going on in PotC. You can pretend I did, but I did not.

unkadug

Nope. Sorry. Please reread that post. Never, at any point, did I say that there was actual visible rape going on in PotC. You can pretend I did, but I did not.
It was certainly insinuated that's what you assumed the original meaning was. I'm just going by what you wrote...
I, of course, can not read your mind.

Last edited:

Otterhead

It was certainly insinuated that's what you assumed the original meaning was. I'm just going by what you wrote...
What I wrote was that they once added chickens to the hands of the women running from the pirates to change the meaning from "chasing ladies to steal them" (after a lot of people complained in the 80s that the ride sure had a lot of lusty pirates stealing ladies) to "pirates looking for a hot meal", which I think is hilarious. Never, ever, did I say that there were pirate AA's raping women in the ride. That's insane to think i said that, or "insinuated" it. Move on.

unkadug

What I wrote was that they once added chickens to the hands of the women running from the pirates to change the meaning from "chasing ladies to steal them" (after a lot of people complained in the 80s that the ride sure had a lot of lusty pirates stealing ladies) to "pirates looking for a hot meal", which I think is hilarious. Never, ever, did I say that there were pirate AA's raping women in the ride. That's insane to think i said that, or "insinuated" it. Move on.
I'm certainly not insane as you seem to imply. And may I remind you of terms of service on this site.

Otterhead

Yes, given that I was called a "maniac" for pointing out that people in the 80s and 90s complained about the silly sexual overtones in PotC, I think that accusing me of posting about pirates actually raping women in the ride would likely not be smiled upon in the ToS. Cheers!

unkadug

Yes, given that I was called a "maniac" for pointing out that people in the 80s and 90s complained about the silly sexual overtones in PotC, I think that accusing me of posting about pirates actually raping women in the ride would likely not be smiled upon in the ToS. Cheers!

The TOS never says anything about reminding people of what they actually said.

It does however forbid name calling... as does every elementary school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom