Anyone Run Alone?

Hawkeyegirl

Original Poster
Hi-
Im thinking about signing up for the Disney Princess half next year.I have No friends interested in running a half marathon at all! Does anyone run it alone? I will have friends/family to go to Disney with me, but not for the race itself. I see all the cute photos of friends doing it together, just wondering if it would be lonely..

belle717

Lots of people do these events solo. I've heard of people meeting other solo runners and becoming great friends after. Plus, runDisney is usually pretty good with on-course entertainment. There will be plenty of others on the course by themselves because even if you sign up with others, doesn't guarantee you'll stick together anyway.

Belleyellow

I signed up with two friends to run the Princess half, but we were in different corrals. I ran the whole race by myself and had a great time.

Hawkeyegirl

Original Poster
Okay, good to know. Ive only ran in 5k's up until now and did them in groups and since they were fun runs (like color runs) everyone was in big groups. I agree though it would be nice to not be slowed down or slowing someone else down. Although it would be nice to have someone to take my photos while running, lol.

surfsupdon

Hey, I only run by myself at Disney. Yes I will go down with family or friends, but not all of them want to run. Or if they do, we run at our own paces. So we each can strive for our personal bests. I will run with family for the 5Ks, but the longer distances we are separate.

Texas84

Yep, even alone it's one big party. And there are so many people it's like a bad parade. You won't be alone.
worstparade.jpg

dreamfinder

I've run some of the 5ks and 10ks with my DW, and did a mile with my DM and DSis at a Princess. But the vast majority of my runDisney miles were me running surrounded by strangers.

tink65

Alas...I am a solo runner as well! I ran the Princess 1/2 this year solo and had a blast! My DD and I decided on a girls weekend for the run. And while she isn't a runner, she makes a great cheerleader!

216bruce

Ran the Dopey (and every other race) by myself. Never felt alone at all as there's just so many folks around, so much to see at a RunDisney event. The wife met me at the end of the races for Dopey.

Hawkeyegirl

Original Poster
Good and thanks for the responses. Its encouraging knowing I wont be the only one, not that I thought I would be the only one, but you know.
I have officially decided that I am signing up for the Glass Slipper Challenge (as long as I can get in and don't mess up the registration, lol) Anyone else doing it next year?

DocAlan02

All of my races have been alone. I run with others every once in a while on a regular run, but have not done so in a race. I like to regulate my own pace, so staying with someone else, faster or slower, would be difficult.

DocAlan02

To add: this year's marathon weekend will be a family event for me anyway. I will run the full, while my wife runs the half. My 21-year-old twin daughters will be running...my guess is they will both do the half. One of them wants to do the full, but I am skeptical. My 4-year-old son is going to do a kids race. So we're all running.

JasonDeyoung

I've done Everest twice and Wdw 10k solo and will be doing Wine & Dine 1/2 solo and have had and will have a great time! I actually prefer running solo

sconti

I've run four Disney half marathons and one Disney full marathon, all solo except my first half, and had a blast each and every time. The atmosphere pre-race, during the race and post-race is so exciting and energetic, that I think you'll love it either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom