Universal for 1 day

graphite1326

On our next visit to WDW, the family wants to spend 1 day at Universal. We won't have a car. Also, I know nothing about Universal. Any info I can get would be helpful.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

TXDisney

We love universal, not nearly as much as disney but it is fun to do both on a trip. We only do universal high when we stay at a timeshare bc we have a rental car then so it's just a little longer drive to universal bc we normally stay at orange lakes. But when I stay onsite at disney we never go to universal. Just doesn't really make sense to with transportation and all. Cab would probably be like $75 or so for 2 from disney to universal so $150 or so round rip, just something to think about.

Upvote 0

sweetcv2b

We definitely thought universal was worth going to. We only spent one day at both parks and saw everything we wanted to. We took a taxi there...more expensive but quicker. Some of the rides at universal are amazing...the big harry potter ones and spiderman were our favorites. They're on a different level than the disney rides. And of course the coasters are more intense. We really missed the magic you get when you're at disney though, so were glad to get back 'home'!

Upvote 0

BrianV

We definitely thought universal was worth going to. We only spent one day at both parks and saw everything we wanted to. We took a taxi there...more expensive but quicker. Some of the rides at universal are amazing...the big harry potter ones and spiderman were our favorites. They're on a different level than the disney rides. And of course the coasters are more intense. We really missed the magic you get when you're at disney though, so were glad to get back 'home'!

I agree with most of what you write. But I will add that when you stay on site, it is somewhat magical as well.

Upvote 0

kjb101791

Lynx Buses may have a direct route there from the Disney area- I know people have done it, but I'm not sure how quick/easy it is. Would be easy if you stayed off-site and your hotel had Disney and Universal shuttles. Like mentioned before, get the park hopper pass. I'd start at Islands- I find it more exciting and a much better way to start. Since you only have one day, I'd definitely pay the price for the Fast Pass (if you can afford it). You'll then be able to get everything done in a day. It'll make the money on the base ticket and the trip over worth it, especially if you plan on doing any Harry Potter attractions and don't want to spend the whole day in lines.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

The schedule for the Lynx bus system is online. You can check it out before you go. We used it twice and never had an issue with it. The person at the information booth at the TTC is great. The bus drivers are helpful. We were dropped off right next to the Sea World parking lot. We found it cheap and easy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom