Good enough for a second ADR?

gooftroop5

Original Poster
We are going for 2 weeks in July. All ADRs are made. I was lucky enough to snag a lunch and dinner ADR at BOG for our trip. Is it worth keeping both?

This got me thinking...........

Do you have an ADR that you would seriously consider making twice in one trip? Have you ever done this?

belledream

I wouldn't visit the same restaurant for the same meal experience more than once in a trip, but would definitely go to BOG for lunch AND dinner because the menus are different and both are tasty in my opinion. :hungry:

I would say keep both! Then you can sit in different dining rooms for a different atmosphere if you wish.

gooftroop5

Original Poster
Yes, because the menus are different.

If you must keep just one, I would choose dinner over lunch.

We can definitely keep both. I just wondered if 1) it was worth it and 2) is this something a lot of people do? We have our favorites, but I have never thought of booking an ADR twice in one trip. ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We can definitely keep both. I just wondered if 1) it was worth it and 2) is this something a lot of people do? We have our favorites, but I have never thought of booking an ADR twice in one trip. ;)
My mother and I had lunch and dinner at BOG on the SAME DAY. We had lunch in the Rose Gallery (usually not open at dinner) and dinner in the Ballroom. We shared a sandwich at lunch and enjoyed cupcakes for dessert (neither on the dinner menu) and then had the seafood puff pastry and braised pork for dinner; we got our picture with the Beast on the way out.

I have had lunch numerous times at BOG and have enjoyed all the menu offerings. This way my first experience with dinner and while it was good (and something I wanted to cross off my "bucket list"), I think will stick with lunch. (We do not use DDP.)

Having ADRs at the same restaurant twice in one trip is not unusual. We eat at The Plaza twice on almost every vacation :).

Go for it! There are three very different areas to sit in + lunch and dinner menus are not the same. We often repeat our favorites (dinner-dinner) during visits as short as one week.
That being said, if you had to "sacrifice" another top restaurant say Chefs de France, you may want to reconsider.
My best advise is: Do whatever makes your family happy!

CaptainShortty

I don't think there are any restaurants I'd want to eat at twice in one trip for the same meal experience just because there are so many different restaurants to choose from. That being said, there are plenty that I would dine at more than once if they were in different meal periods.

jeffk410

We are going for 2 weeks in July. All ADRs are made. I was lucky enough to snag a lunch and dinner ADR at BOG for our trip. Is it worth keeping both?

This got me thinking...........

Do you have an ADR that you would seriously consider making twice in one trip? Have you ever done this?

I normally visit Boma 2-3 times in a 7/8 day trip. If you like it, go for it! Personally, I've done BoG dinner a few times and haven't been overly impressed. The french onion soup is great though!

HouCuseChickie

I am not a major fan of BOG. I definitely think it's worth seeing, but I'm mixed on the food. HOWEVER...since the lunch and dinner are food are totally different experiences, I wouldn't be opposed to 1 lunch and 1 dinner at BOG during the course of one trip.

That being said, there are only a couple of scenarios where I'd double up on ADRs at a single restaurant during one trip.

1. Like the BOG situation, if the meals offer different food/experiences...I have no problem with a double up. i.e. BOG, 1900 PF, 'Ohana, etc.

2. I'd go twice if the menu is varied enough that you can get a totally different culinary experience in each visit. Sanaa is the first thing coming to mind, and we have actually done this twice in one trip. There are just so many neat things on the menu that I feel it's good to do twice. Something like California Grill, where they always seem to be changing things up, is another great one to double up if in the budget.

3. I can see doing it if it's a more reasonable spot and it's in your resort. Ex. I wouldn't have any issue with someone who was staying at the Poly doing Kona a few times.

EvilQueen-T

It depends on what you're looking for. The atmosphere is probably the most like walking into a disney film out of all the disney venues but in my personal opinion the food quality and service are inconsistent. If I were to only keep one of the two adrs I'd keep dinner simply because you get to meet with the beast only at dinners.

gooftroop5

Original Poster
Thanks for the great replies! We go to WDW every year, but have yet to experience BOG. My DD will turn 8 during the trip and I think she will love it. I'm thinking I might keep both ADRs for now. We have lunch scheduled the first week and dinner scheduled towards the end of the second week. We can always cancel if it doesn't live up to our expectations. I honestly never thought of having a second ADR somewhere. We definitely have MUST DO ADRs for every trip, but I guess we haven't found anything we all enjoy enough to eat at twice in one trip. Maybe we should start branching out.....:eek::D

The kids menu doesn't look like it changes........am I seeing that correctly?

Also I had no idea the Beast was there for dinner. Sounds awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom