runDisney | guidance and advice

HollyRae

Original Poster
Hi All,

I am just looking for a bit of advice and/or guidance regarding my most recent interaction with runDisney.

I promised myself, when I began running a couple of years ago, that my first Half Marathon would be in Disney World. As a new runner, I wanted my first "long run" experience to be a good one -- full of magic, happiness, and LOVE from fellow runners. After over a year of training -- I was ready! And I was able to secure a bib to Disney Princess Half, as well as access to the chEAR zone! I couldn't believe my dreams were coming true. Even my parents were coming along for the experience!

Unfortunately, I ran into an IT Band issue, and despite a couple of months of physical therapy I would not be able to complete the half successfully. I spoke to a Disney Team Member and was informed there was still room on the deferral list for 2016 for me to think it through over the next week. After meeting with my doctor, I was advised to not run this year. I e-mailed runDisney that week and requested the deferral, happy to pay the fee, and was told that they had maxed their deferrals well over two weeks ago. I replied, expressed my disappointment, and asked if I would be able to defer to a different race, and pay any difference in price, and have yet to receive a response from a team member.

I would have definitely deferred earlier in the month had the team member told me otherwise, but it seems when I spoke to them, they were in actuality, already full (according to the later e-mail I received).

Have any fellow runner, Disney lovers, run into such a snag? I'm just heartsick, and am hesitate to go through another year or two of saving, just to be disappointed with future miscommunication.

With thanks,

Holly

Texas84

Sorry to hear that. Did you call them? 407-939-iRun.

Unfortunately you can only defer to the same race next year. But doesn't hurt to talk to someone and try.

JillC LI

That's awful. I have no specific suggestions, but I do hope youcan somehow straighten it out. Hope you feel better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom