If you miss a fastpass reservation...

Bodyfather

Original Poster
...without cancelling, is there any sort of "punishment?" Do you lose your fastpasses for the rest of the day or anything to that effect?

DisneyPrincess5

We missed a few Fastpasses last trip in November and we didn't experience any consequence. I guess it's much different than missing an ADR-they lose no money if you don't attend a fastpass.

Tom

Beta Return
...without cancelling, is there any sort of "punishment?" Do you lose your fastpasses for the rest of the day or anything to that effect?

But seriously, you just lose THAT Fastpass+. If you still had one or two more booked after it, they'll still be there. And when the rest of them expire, you can still get your 4th.

sjhym333

If you miss your FP time it will automatically expire at the end of the time and the system will see it as no longer available and like Tom above said you can use whatever passes you have left or if it was your third one you can go to a kiosk and get your 4th.

But just a suggestion. If you know your not going to make a FP you should try to change it or cancel it...here is why...by changing or cancelling the FP you are holding, the FP will go back into the system so someone else can grab it. I have gotten 7DMT several times because people have cancelled their passes. Last week I saw the Frozen Meet and Greet twice because another guest cancelled it. So it really helps out someone else if you cancel or change. Also, it is easy to change FP's with your MDE App so instead of losing the FP you can try to rebook for a later time or a different attraction.

Last May, 2014, three out of the four of our group used all three of our FPs for the day. The fourth person didn't want to ride the last two so she just didn't use them. We tried to add another fastpass after our last one was used and the cast member helping us told us she was not eligible for a 4th FP because she hadn't actually "used" all of hers. I did see her name was grayed out and could not be selected on the screen. Was that true, and is this still going to be an issue for when we go back this coming May? Based off of what you're saying, this shouldn't have even happened...

JohnD

Last May, 2014, three out of the four of our group used all three of our FPs for the day. The fourth person didn't want to ride the last two so she just didn't use them. We tried to add another fastpass after our last one was used and the cast member helping us told us she was not eligible for a 4th FP because she hadn't actually "used" all of hers. I did see her name was grayed out and could not be selected on the screen. Was that true, and is this still going to be an issue for when we go back this coming May? Based off of what you're saying, this shouldn't have even happened...

That's total bunk. If you let it lapse, it should be the same as used. What if a family had to deal with an issue with one of their children and miss out on a FP+? They resolve it after the third has lapsed out. Based on what you're saying, they would be out of luck for the remainder they are in the park and be forced to use standby.

That's total bunk. If you let it lapse, it should be the same as used. What if a family had to deal with an issue with one of their children and miss out on a FP+? They resolve it after the third has lapsed out. Based on what you're saying, they would be out of luck for the remainder they are in the park and be forced to use standby.
It was strange. But from what others are saying, it doesn't happen anymore. It could have also been a glitch. We were also switching parks. But we did follow every rule to the T. Well I'm sure it will happen at some point during our next vacation so we'll see what happens then.

Rob562

It was strange. But from what others are saying, it doesn't happen anymore. It could have also been a glitch. We were also switching parks. But we did follow every rule to the T. Well I'm sure it will happen at some point during our next vacation so we'll see what happens then.

Is it possible you were still within the window for that unused 3rd FP+ selection? It doesn't expire until after the window totally passes. So even though the others in the group had access to the 4th FP+ at the kiosk because they had already used that 3rd FP+, you'd have to wait until the window ended (and perhaps also the 15 minute "buffer" window after the official hour-long window, but that's just a guess).

-Rob

Is it possible you were still within the window for that unused 3rd FP+ selection? It doesn't expire until after the window totally passes. So even though the others in the group had access to the 4th FP+ at the kiosk because they had already used that 3rd FP+, you'd have to wait until the window ended (and perhaps also the 15 minute "buffer" window after the official hour-long window, but that's just a guess).

-Rob
It's been a while, but I remember we used the last FP in AK, ate lunch, went back to the Boardwalk, and then walked to EPCOT. That's our standard procedure at this point. Our window closing time should have been well past. Maybe it was a glitch, it could have been my mistake, I'm usually pretty careful about timing now with everything being so digitally dependent.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Letting an FP expire should count it as "used" for purposes of obtaining an additional FP, but until you actually do that, an expired FP can still be modified to another attraction or time instead, if that works better for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom