The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That thread. Oh my, that thread. I love the people who are saying, "You need to eliminate the smoking areas because of the asthmatics!" Really? You know what will happen if you eliminate smoking areas? People will continue to smoke, but they will do it wherever they want. And ya know who that will then become a problem for? Asthmatics! Asthmatics can avoid the smoking areas. Can't avoid someone smoking where they're not supposed to. Smoking in nondesignated areas is already a problem, and you want to make it worse?

Some people are so thick

With my DD repertory issues I typed up my two cents and deleted them before I posted. Some are so shortsighted. She has in recent years learned very much how to hold her breath as she goes past any trigger areas. One of her worst triggers is walking past Bath and Body in the mall. We have actually let people ahead of us in queues do to cologne or perfume overload. The Perfume room in the Former Norway, enough to make her drop. She'll take scooting past a smoking section over the wind blowing the wrong way from a Disney Campfire. And the peanut butter everywhere, oy enough to kill her.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
But even with the upcharge of $23 I find S&D a bargin to stay in the thick of the Studios/Epcot especially during food and wine, much more economical that Boardwalk or Y&B Club room rates.

Absolutely! Having stayed multiple times at both hotels, the upcharge is nothing compared to the inflated room prices at the close-by, Disney-owned hotels in the Epcot/DHS area. My favorite of the two is the Swan. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I feel as if I have stirred up a bit of a hornets nest about the topic of smoking in the parks. Can I hide in here until all the folks with pitchforks get tired and go home? :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Haven't logged in here since early yesterday morning, and needed to catch up. You always have your own unique perspectives on everything, so, of course, I just had to run to the thread to see what mischief you got yourself into this time! ;) Good grief--took me 20 minutes to read through all those pages. Talk about a hot button topic! Yikes. And it's still going on . . . (Oh and by the way, @StarWarsGirl95 , you had some great posts in that thread as well. :) )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
For a moment, picture in your mind an image of blue ocean waves crashing on the shoreline. Now, imagine you're living in MA with all the extremely cold temperatures/snow for the past 6 weeks. You go down to the shoreline and see this bizarre phenomenon, that even the fishermen in the area have never seen before: frozen slush waves . . . :jawdrop: Looks like something from another planet!)

(About 7 slides with captions from the photographer who took the pictures the other day. From WCVB Channel 5 Boston.) :)

http://www.wcvb.com/weather/nearlyfrozen-nantucket-waves-captured-on-camera/31502494

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
The trending Dress brought more visitors to to Buzz Feed ever ever ever. :eek:

Untitled-12-660x334.jpg
I spy Photoshop in play here....

Cesar R M

For a moment, picture in your mind an image of blue ocean waves crashing on the shoreline. Now, imagine you're living in MA with all the extremely cold temperatures/snow for the past 6 weeks. You go down to the shoreline and see this bizarre phenomenon, that even the fishermen in the area have never seen before: frozen slush waves . . . :jawdrop: Looks like something from another planet!)

(About 7 slides with captions from the photographer who took the pictures the other day. From WCVB Channel 5 Boston.) :)

http://www.wcvb.com/weather/nearlyfrozen-nantucket-waves-captured-on-camera/31502494
wow, thats weird. phenomenoms like that would definitively baffle the people who witness it.

Goofyernmost

wow, thats weird. phenomenoms like that would definitively baffle the people who witness it.
I think that the problem is that the scientists went to Websters Super Scientific Dictionary to look up the word for what is considered our current climatic conditions and accidentally clicked on "Global Climate Change" instead of the "Return of the Ice Age". Hey, it could happen to anyone.:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom